I just made this for fun. Found a broken 256 and made this. It wasn’t as easy as I hoped.
1) I used a dremel and dug all kids of plastic out. That’s easy, but hellish too. The plastic kept falling apart, since I used so many pieces.
2) The 256 is old, so it’s big, that’s why this thumb drive is huge.
3) I had to support the many pieces by adding more pieces. That sort of sucks, but I can do this better with a better thumb drive to start with. The length is actually the size of the thumb drive, the width is right too. But the height, that was necessary to hold this together.
4) I know what to do next time.