PDA

View Full Version : Just for kicks, my NFL picks of the week...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

IslanderSteve
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Chairman Mau
i couldn't find a "name that tune" thread in ghetto blaster.... anyone know the name of the celtic song that's in the nike commercial with shawne merriman and steven jackson?

I believe it's the opening bars (movements? whatever) of "The Last Of The Mohicans" theme "Promentory." And yes, it's a terrific commercial and a solid movie. Here's a couple of clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidHKZS96Qw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aXzAe7Q4A

Sid
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
^Love it. That was a dope use of that song for that commercial. Nike hires some sick talent.

The commercial here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=55BZ2gSsSmY

FDM
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015478

http://jj.am/gallery/d/32045-1/Homerdisgust.jpg

what about the chargers? what ABOUT them? we're.....gonna.....play...a....good...clean....

....sox are still up 5 games.... :(

Sid
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
You know the chargers are gonna be AMPED for this game after last years playoff loss and the celebration on their field.

shammy718
09-12-2007, 09:02 PM
russell signs:

http://www.raiders.com/home/

so far, i'm liking him. now's the time to be humble and hungry. work hard during practice. be responsive to coach especially.

Chairman Mau
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by IslanderSteve

I believe it's the opening bars (movements? whatever) of "The Last Of The Mohicans" theme "Promentory." And yes, it's a terrific commercial and a solid movie. Here's a couple of clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidHKZS96Qw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aXzAe7Q4A

something about that commercial with that song makes me want to fucking cry like a bitch.

Originally posted by Salami Swami

Fuck that asshole Merriman though and his 'roided out dance.

cosigned. supposedly he's retiring the dance this year... trying to clean up his image i guess.

... i was hoping the chiefs would swoop in and nab russell if the raiders weren't going to take him.

Denstradamus
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM

... i was hoping the chiefs would swoop in and nab russell if the raiders weren't going to take him.

I think he would recycle into next year's draft. Basically the Raiders got dibs on him for a year, if he doesn't sign with the Raiders then he goes back into the hopper.

Chairman Mau
09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
oh, right. i guess i was thinking of some kind of trade, but i can't think of any way to substantiate that value.

Salami Swami
09-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Denstradamus

I think he would recycle into next year's draft. Basically the Raiders got dibs on him for a year, if he doesn't sign with the Raiders then he goes back into the hopper.
That's exactly what happened when Bo Jackson got drafted by the Buccaneers like 20 years ago.
He refused to sign with them and played baseball that year instead and when the next year's draft rolled around, somehow he fell into the Raiders' lap and the rest is (albeit short) history.

Back to Jamarcus, I am really pissed that it took him this long to sign but in the end I'm really really hoping that it will be worth all of that fucking stupid bullshit and that enormous amount of cash he's getting.

Chairman Mau
09-13-2007, 07:19 AM
we'll see. i think that it was an appropriate draft pick to what the raiders need... but i also think it was a bit of a reach.

regardless, any team that had a chance to draft joe thomas and didn't is probably stupid.

Sid
09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
whoa, that Nike commercial was directed by Michael Mann!

Chairman Mau
09-13-2007, 10:53 AM
which apparently is why he used that song

Sid
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/13/belichick.fine.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Belichick fined 500K, Pats fined 250K, and loss of 1st round draft if they make the playoffs, loss of 2/3rd draft if they don't make the playoffs.

500K? ouch.

I suspected this was being done, but wouldn't it be easier to just do it from the stands with a high powered zoom lens?

premium
09-14-2007, 05:45 AM

something about that commercial with that song makes me want to fucking cry like a bitch.

oh man, thanks for posting that.

i cried the first time i watched it.

i blame the packers/eagles game.

watching favre play some real, honest to god football

put me in a melancholy mood

and that commercial just put me over the edge.

well favre, and also remembering how Magua

cut Uncas down and threw him off of that cliff.

FDM
09-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Sid
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/13/belichick.fine.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Belichick fined 500K, Pats fined 250K, and loss of 1st round draft if they make the playoffs, loss of 2/3rd draft if they don't make the playoffs.

500K? ouch.

not only that, but this has to be out of chik's own pocket. no monetary help from robert kraft or any member of the patriots organization.

i mean, i'm sure he has that kinda money, but that's a hefty fucking fine. i'm actually surprised that didn't come with a suspension.

Salami Swami
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER but they win Super Bowls apparently.
Fuck these guys.
Makes you wonder how long they've been doing it before they got caught and how many other teams do or have done the same thing.

Denstradamus
09-14-2007, 03:07 PM
You know Mangini HAD to had been the one who told on Belichik. After getting spanked by the Patriots twice in a row I bet Mangini dropped an anonymous call to the league offices.

Some speculate that Mangini was the one in charging of the spy cameras when he worked for the Pats.

Man, NFL is such a man soap opera.

atomicscissors
09-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm sure lots, if not all, of the teams in the NFL spy in some form or another.

The Pats were caught red-handed and now the rest of the league are piling on and acting like they're Mother Teresa.

SweetArse
09-14-2007, 03:27 PM
This is just another Belichickian ruse. The Pats secured a 2nd first round pick for next year, so it wouldn't matter if they lost one. And they'll only lose the lower pick, assuming the Niners' record isn't better than theirs. The Chargers are going to practice a little lighter now, because everyone's thinking the Pats have only been winning by stealing signals. Meanwhile, his own players are going extra hard with that new chip on their shoulders.

Why else would Bill send someone with a gaddamn handheld camera to stand right on the frickin' opponent's sideline?

Sid
09-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SweetArse
Why else would Bill send someone with a gaddamn handheld camera to stand right on the frickin' opponent's sideline?

arrogance.

bellichick to himself "fuckit I'm bill bellichick".

FDM
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
ain't nobody can say we're cheating this time around.

SweetArse
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
It's quite obvious that all of SD's transmissions are being beamed right into Belicheck's headset. Curse of the Seau.

Sid
09-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by funkydrunknmonk
ain't nobody can say we're cheating this time around.

Mangenius just woke a sleeping giant. Everyone's f'ed now.

FDM
09-17-2007, 05:54 AM
It's quite obvious that all of SD's transmissions are being beamed right into Belicheck's headset. Curse of the Seau.

yeah that's it. we're still cheating with the help of magical invisible fairy dust binoculars.

Chairman Mau
09-18-2007, 09:21 PM
fuck the patriots any time. win, lose, or cheat.

this is an interesting season... a lot of things are going unexpectedly, which i like. as much as i hate the broncos, i'll have to hand it to their management for bringing in talent.

i hope that lamar hunt's son fires both herm edwards and carl peterson for doing so much damage to the chiefs... the defense looks good and all, but any team that doesn't invest in their offensive line is downright moronic. and who lets tony richardson leave? i know it was a year or two ago, but i'm still bewildered by that.

i hope the ravens can get some stability in their offense.

the lions, redskins, raiders, vikings, browns, and texans will be interesting. the saints, eagles, giants, chiefs, and rams may not be.

shammy718
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
^woot! though i'm not giving up on the rams. titans are somewhere in the middle.

Chairman Mau
09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
the titans are overrated, they were close to the bottom of everything last year and didn't do a whole lot in the offseason.

everybody just likes vince young.

Chairman Mau
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
dear saints, you don't need to pass the ball every time. deuce mcallister is not the waterboy.

i want to see the packers go to the super bowl.

IslanderSteve
09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
^
Indeed. My top pet peeve is when a team is down by two-scores and they panic, forget their gameplan, and abandon the run.

Chairman Mau
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
looks like deuce is hurt now anyway. they can say goodbye to their season.

let's see what griese can do for the bears.

adrian peterson (min) is a beast.

i had expected tony romo to fall off this year, but i was wrong. i still hope he does, though, because i've always hated the cowboys. and texas. jason witten is good, too. or at least looks especially good with terry glenn out.

speaking of which, how bout them texans? mario williams over reggie bush doesn't seem like quite such a bad idea now.

the rams and chiefs are both done for. for the same reason. O-Line. actually, i'm curious to see if the chiefs passing game turns into something less hideous now that first-round WR Bowe is making plays.

golivar
09-28-2007, 03:39 PM
this made me chuckle

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/4451/tshirt4lgeu5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

* Reporter: “Write the check yet, Randy?”

Moss: “When you’re rich you don’t write checks.”

Reporter: “If you don’t write checks, how do you pay these guys?”

Moss: “Straight cash, homey.”

Reporter: “Randy, are you upset about the fine?”

Moss: “No, cause it ain’t [expletive]. Ain’t nothing but 10 grand. What’s 10 grand to me? Ain’t [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive].”

Almost every Viking they interviewed after these statements said this was just “Randy being Randy.”

Sid
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
how cool is it about brett favre? just a year or two ago wasn't he going to retire?

Salami Swami
10-02-2007, 03:15 PM
OK I know the Patriots are a really, really good football team and everything but could everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE on television please collectively rise up off of New England's nuts and remove their overly eager tongues from that ass?

I've never seen such blatant schoolgirl gushing and shameful cock smoking by NFL commentators in my life.

I guess the Pats are going 16-0 this season and scoring 35+ points per game and destroying whoever is unfortunate enough to win the NFC and everyone else should just mail it in at this point.

So in summary, everyone in the NFL who ISN'T the Patriots:
STOP PLAYING.
YOU GUYS ARE INFERIOR.
THANKS FOR COMING OUT.

FDM
10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
OK I know the Patriots are a really, really good football team...

I guess the Pats are going 16-0 this season and scoring 35+ points per game and destroying whoever is unfortunate enough to win the NFC and everyone else should just mail it in at this point.

So in summary, everyone in the NFL who ISN'T the Patriots:
STOP PLAYING.
YOU GUYS ARE INFERIOR.
THANKS FOR COMING OUT.

http://www.metrotown.info/img--site/cartoons-sports/11anjo-joy-tears-flagSTL.gif

SweetArse
10-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Every fan pays their dues. I spent many a childhood Sunday watching the perennial cellar-dwelling Pats and am absolutely basking in this. I think the Pats-Colts were a rivalry even then because they both sucked so bad that even the commentators would be making backhanded compliments like, "Wow, this a great game. Too bad the rest of the country is missing out because these guys have zero national appeal."

FDM
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
...and the pats are now 5-0. i wonder how much of that is just because we're in a shitty division....jets, bills, dolphins...which makes our strengths all the more apparent.

building on sweetarse's reminiscence, i was a little too young to remember the '85 cinderella year where we got flattened by da bears, but i had to sit thru the "meh" flutie/bledsoe years in the 90's where it was disappointing post-season after disappointing post-season. and yeah, the cheese-bowl loss to the packers sucked, followed by parcells' defection summarily thereafter, which paved the way for pete "jimmy carter" carroll. nice guy, terrible NFL coach. apparently he's doing pretty well at USC now, and more power to him.

so i've waited for a pats dynasty for 20 years or so. i'm not gonna say i've suffered as much as dude's sitting in jimmy o'flanagan's pub'n'eatery in southie for 50 years, but i've had to sit thru some bullshit as a pats fan.

SweetArse
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
...and the pats are now 5-0. i wonder how much of that is just because we're in a shitty division....jets, bills, dolphins...which makes our strengths all the more apparent.

AFC East only accounts for two of the wins. Duh! But it's been a fairly easy schedule so far. The Pats are still in run-up-the-score mode, which is worrisome. That's why we're hated. I expect a Belichickian character-building loss soon.

I guess you're too young to remember that Scott Zolak was our Jesus QB for a while just because he was able to run a single 32-sec game-winning drive against the then hapless Colts. Or that we were *this close* to being the St. Louis Patriots.

And how fucking scary is Brady? Is he supposed to be the perfect human specimen complete with super-sperm?

FDM
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM

AFC East only accounts for two of the wins. Duh! But it's been a fairly easy schedule so far. The Pats are still in run-up-the-score mode, which is worrisome. That's why we're hated. I expect a Belichickian character-building loss soon.

I guess you're too young to remember that Scott Zolak was our Jesus QB for a while just because he was able to run a single 32-sec game-winning drive against the then hapless Colts. Or that we were *this close* to being the St. Louis Patriots.

And how fucking scary is Brady? Is he supposed to be the perfect human specimen complete with super-sperm?

i think the "stealing signs but really who the fuck cares because they're right there across the field and everybody can see it anyway" thing is enough character building this season. but then again we're playing the colts in a month.

hah, see...all i remember about zolak was he was the second-stringer under bledsoe for 10 years. never really got to see him play other than the odd times bledsoe got taken out. that's kinda weird. so would tom tupa have been the second string qb/place kicker under zolak? hahaha...

yeah....brady's weird like that. nobody expected him to step up the way he did, and honestly i believed that the '02 superbowl was some sort of massive fluke. i'm pretty sure if he wasn't our fucking golden boy, i'd hate him just as much as peyton manning.

Salami Swami
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Umm, that Cowboys/Bills game was insane.

Buffalo right now just felt the biggest stomach punch loss of the year I think.

HOW the fuck did they lose that game?
Never mind. I watched it, I know how they lost but it was really fucking lame to see them blow it like that.

Was thoroughly entertaining though, I'll give them that.

Charlie
10-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Is every team gonna do the "icing the kicker" timeout on every game-winning field goal now? They need to make a rule to change that shit. At least the Cowboys kicker made the second attempt to spit in the face Dick Jauron. Sucks to be a Bills fan right now but that sure was a fun game to watch.

golivar
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
i'm seeing that more and more in college games, too. lame. couple weeks ago they showed urban meyer pull the ref aside and they stood there watching the opposing offense (i think it was lsu?) set up to start the play, and about one second after the kicker steps forward to kick, meyer taps the ref on the shoulder and calls the time-out.

SweetArse
10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't get it. Can they call timeout after the snap? Why don't they just snap earlier so coaches can't anticipate it? Is this new? Icing the kicker is not new in itself.

How 'bout some thanks to the Pats for taking out JP Loserman!

FDM
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by funkydrunknmonk, 9/05
ps: fuck a randy moss. there i said it.

ehehehehe.

http://www.s9.com/images/portraits/25107_Redenbacher-Orville.jpg
mmmmm, now that's some good stfu T.O.

cowboys succeeded in keeping randy moss pretty quiet today, but they concentrated so much on double/triple teaming him that it left welker and stallworth wide open. moss got robbed on those two td's tho. the incomplete was bullshit, he had possession with both toes inbounds, and the interference call was even more bullshit. fuck a dallas official.

but WE STILL UNDEFEATED, BITCHES.

golivar
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
not really sure how you can say "fuck a dallas official" when the cowboys got twice as many flags for twice as many yards as the pats. both calls against moss looked pretty legit to me. on that incompletion call, he barely had possession when he fell out of bounds and he clearly dropped it when he hit the ground. and the interference call was good - moss didn't need to push the cowboy defender, moss still would've caught that pass for the TD even without that contact.

i hope we don't lose morris and watson for any games. and hopefully maroney will be healthy by the colts game. the wear and tear might be catching up on morris.

golivar
10-14-2007, 06:03 PM
and did anyone else notice how many NE fans were there? i was surprised by how loud the cheers were when the pats made a good play.

i also heard some pretty loud "let's go red sox" chants in the final minutes of the game. now that's just ridiculous. i swear, sox fans are more obnoxious than yankees fans. i hate how boston fans will take over the parks at away games, giving people shit at camden yards and stuff. if you are an O's fan you shouldn't have to take that garbage at your home field.

sox fans love to feel like the team is the scrappy underdog or something. for christ's sake, the sox spend more money than anyone except for new york.

golivar
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
the only thing that annoys me more are the newly transplanted manhattanites with their brand new yankees hats buying up all the good seats at yankees stadium. almost as bad as the chicks in MA wearing the pink red sox hats or tom brady jerseys.

yeah people from boston tend to get the hell out of there as soon as they can. there are a bunch of people from my high school (boston latin) in brooklyn. fuck, i just saw one the other night at some bar.

golivar
10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
hey sweetarse you deleted your post. now mine probably makes no sense...

SweetArse
10-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Heh, I kept rewriting my post- but yeah, nobody stays in New England, but we all keep our sports loyalties. I think it's a mixture of true blue fans being less ashamed and wearing the logos, now that all the teams are top-shelf, and newbies who are bandwagon-ing. I don't have too much of a problem with Brady groupies or cutie Sox fans.

Yankee transplant bandwagoneers are the worst because they're usually Manhattanites who just do it to schmooze.

I met some Newton North peeps at a random house party just last night. Wicked!

Hey, where do you catch Pats games in BK?

golivar
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
i don't live in bklyn, i live in nj. i'm usually in bk to see my friends and laugh at how much they pay for rent.

i was afraid i wasn't going to see the game here. i fall asleep watching these damn jets and giants games.

newton north. is that the school whose hallways look like a shopping mall? they have potted plants and everything.

SweetArse
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by golivar
newton north. is that the school whose hallways look like a shopping mall? they have potted plants and everything.

Aye, it be. It be. It's called "Main Street." It's based off of a concept originally developed for prisons.

The worst is when they blackout Pats-Colts games in favor of Jets-Cardinals or some shit. Stupid NFL blackout rules.

Sid
10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
I love that Testeverde played a win for the Panthers. He's 43. I thought Favre was the oldest QB.

I wish I could see 3 hours in the future and just bet every week on the Pats killing the spread each time.

Yeah the blackouts kill me too. I really wasn't interested in watching the Charges and Oakland play. I wanted to see Dallas and NE.

FDM
10-15-2007, 05:58 AM
re: pats, granted that dallas got plenty of flags, but that was for sloppy mistakes like offsides, and that late hit call....they didn't get (what i still believe are) suspect calls that directly affected the score (especially that pass interference on moss, that was barely a touch, and i suspect it was more just to turn around to catch the pass, rather than pushing the defender away)

re: obnoxious sox fans, pretty much.

newton north is a hugeass school....i think i had to take some test there, i forget what. i think it was an SAT or something. i don't really remember why i had to take it there. but that place is a fucking labyrinth.

SweetArse
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I love how current and ex-Bostonians have hijacked this thread. WOOOO! SAAAWKS!

FDM
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
also: eric gagne can eat it. i thought we were supposed to be in the running for signing johan santana too.

SweetArse
10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
^^Game Six was the turn the corner Zeros to Heroes game.

I think the Pats D is suspect. They seem to give up a lot of points. But if following the Colts brute force offense works, go with it.

FDM
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
yes yes, unfortunately there's not enough of a mass here for a sox thread. nice to see some shlubs and flops like pedroia and drew finally start lighting shit up though. and i'm glad we didn't have to use beckett tonight, keeps him fresh for GAME ONE.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

and yes, jonathan papelbon is completely batshit crazy. and i'm not talking like "aww, riverdance lol quirky" crazy, i'm talking like, "this dude probably perches atop the peske pole like batman, and skulks around the monster seats before games, catching pigeons and eating them alive" crazy.

also as of this post, 12 confirmed arrests in the city of boston so far. oh sullies.

and not to completely derail this thread, yeah. pats are going undefeated this season. jeah i said it.

SweetArse
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM
You know what I can't stand? The Celtics keep talking championship and playing in the Finals. Fools! They're supposed to take a page out of the Pats' book of etiquette and not even mention it, else suffer the wrath of the sports karma gods. C's will go 35-47 this year and miss the eighth spot.

Brooklyn Sox fans are kinda hot!

FDM
10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
chicks wearing pink sox hats can line up to eat my nuts.

and i haven't given a shit about the celtics since i was in kindergarten. and barely then. by the time i got into basketball, we were in the middle of the chris ford/ml carr/rick pitino shitfest of the 90's. back when dino radja was our "star" player. eugh.

and what's this bullshit about championships? play through your exhibition games first guys. jesus.

FDM
10-29-2007, 09:20 AM
and now the new pats beef is that we're "rubbing it in the faces" of the lesser (read: all of the) teams we play, as displayed by the redskins game last night. haters get the fuck off our nuts, seriously. everybody calls us out on cheating, and now we're obviously not cheating, and now they're bleeding out their vaginas because they can't handle the fact that we're steamrolling over every single fucking team we face to prove a fucking point that looking at the defensive coordinator's hand signs, which by the way were in plain view of 60,000 other people in the stadium, doesn't affect our play.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~misterx/steve/images/cry_me_a_river.jpg

also, world series champs again. i think one of these years we should just give the all star game to the NL so we'll be able to win at home :)

Hap
10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Haters = the media looking for a story.

Gamblers such as myself love the run the Pats are on. Can you believe the second half line yesterday was -4?

Sid
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
^oh i missed that (the -4 second half line). i didn't know you could bet on those things? i would've taken it. you know i almost wagered on the redskins, and i would've when the spread was -17, but then it got moved to -15. what's the line on the colts-pats game? are you taking that one?

Hap
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I use Bodog for online bets. I love 2nd half bets.

Colts were also 2nd half -4.5

On Saturday night Western Mich played Eastern Mich. The halftime score was 2 - 3. The over/under in the 2nd half was still 24 points!!!

Sid
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Hap, just to clarify, the 2nd half bet has nothing to do with the final score, just the point spread of the 2nd half?

Hap
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Correct. 2nd half starts zero to zero.

It bites you in the ass sometimes like with the Chargers yesterday. They had a 30 point lead at halftime. And then they basically ran the ball and played the 3rd string the rest of the game. The halftime line was -4.5 . The 2nd half final was Texans 7 - Chargers 0.

The other thing is that they don't let you tease 2nd half lines.

Sid
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Are you taking the colts? I think they're gonna pull this one off.

premium
11-02-2007, 10:21 AM
i'm taking the pats.

BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE.

Hap
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I'm going to tease the Pats down to -.5 and the over down to 51. Probably put 2-250 on it, maybe more if I do really well on college picks.

FDM
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
i'm surprised pats/colts isn't the monday night game. regardless, we are godzilla and the rest of the afc is thousands of fleeing japanese.

SweetArse
11-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I am prepared for Belichick's patented character-building, extra-motivating, chip-on-shoulder-placing, give-them-nothing-to-gamplan-off-of-in-the-playoffs LOSS to the Colts. One regular season loss, then run the table.

FDM
11-04-2007, 03:43 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-MMM, BEEITCH.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2803/samjacksonqu1.jpg

no chip-on-shoulder needed. i think cameragate or spygate or whatever the fuck they wanna call it placed a fucking plank on the shoulders of every single member of the patriots organization.

golivar
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
jesus, the pats barely saved their asses in this one. they're lucky marvin harrison was inactive. he would've torched new england tonight. and that indy pass rush is relentless.

FDM
11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
addai seriously smoked us a couple times. 4 missed tackles, come on.

golivar
11-04-2007, 03:49 PM
oh yeah, and the officiating was fucking horrible. talk about hometown refs. it must've been bad if even brady was pissed off and still yelling at them after the second to last snap of the game. sheesh.

and where was adalius?

and did anyone else catch that manning visa commercial about having perfect abs? "my advice for you: just get bigger shirts." that made me laugh.

SweetArse
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
And the running game is gone without Sammy Morris. Maroney and Faulk aren't "downhill" enough. Someone said Dillon was considering a comeback?

Meh, as long as they have Mr. Perfect GQ Sperminator, no worries.

golivar
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
morris is out for the rest of the season, right? shit that hurts. but i think maroney and faulk will do fine. they may not steamroll you like morris can, but i'm not worried.

golivar
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Meh, as long as they have Mr. Perfect GQ Sperminator, no worries.

oh man i'm pretty sure he's wearing a hunter green velvet sport coat in his postgame conference. goddamn, it's tom brady's world. we're just living in it.

FDM
11-04-2007, 04:11 PM
honestly with golden boy and his aerial weapons in moss, stallworth and welker, we can rest easy on moving the ball forward. still though, maroney was fuckin' dancing a couple times today and even faulk hauled in that last touchdown to take the lead. and even if we switched welker to more of a ground guy, would it be that drastic a shift for him? he's taken a few handoffs already.

and even if there were a couple annoying holding/"unsportsmanlike" calls on the field, that last false start on indy gave us the momentum to take that shit.

and it ain't complete til brady's got the smoking jacket and fez on, and is being fanned with palm fronds by local girls claimed from the city they play that week.

Someone said Dillon was considering a comeback?

i'll believe that if maroney gets hurt knock wood. do we really need a "power running back" tho?

SweetArse
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM
do we really need a "power running back" tho?

It would make those bonus redundant touchdowns a lot easier to come by. Winning by the skin of their teeth is unacceptable at this point.

BTW, the TB-JETFEWNEA starts in February.

That's the "Tom Brady-Jacob Ellsbury Tour to Fuck Every Woman in the New England Area."

Sid
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
good thing i picked colts with the spread, i was almost going to do mL because of the payoff. i was bitter towards the 2 minute mark because i thought for sure the pats were at least going to go for a field goal. but wait, the pats actually ran the time out! lol, that was too close. it was a good game, colts just have to be able to finish in the red zone. they let that one slip away.

Hap
11-05-2007, 06:24 AM
I decided not to touch the game. Good thing, too. ;)

Denstradamus
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I had the Colts too. Whoever thought the Pats were gonna win 63-0 probably bought into the ESPN-Boston Media hype machine.

Don't get me wrong, those sons of bitches are the best team in the NFL, but there are cracks in the armor that can be exploited.

Sid
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Colts -3.5 over Chargers. Why so close? seems fishy. What do you guys think?

Sid
11-12-2007, 08:25 AM
A cowboys steelers superbowl would be pretty cool.

joetron2030
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow, that Colts-Bolts game last night was wild. That one INT by the Colts in the end zone was the best play.

Charlie
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I went 0-6 with my picks for my office's pool thanks in large part to the Saints, the Steelers lethargic 1st half, and the Colts. I should have known all those games were traps. I don't understand why the Colts were playing for the field goal at the end of the game instead of going for the TD. I know they were trying to milk the clock, but wouldn't it be better to be up by more than a field goal? Teams get too conservative at the end of games instead of going for the jugular. In that regard, I gotta give this year's Pats team some props for having some balls.

Maybe I'm just bitter because Manning also caused me to lose this week in my fantasy football league with his putrid performance. 6 INT's!!!

Sid
11-12-2007, 10:02 AM
the colts bolts game sucked big time. i'm hurting from that loss. i'll admit i'm an idiot for taking the spread with all those injuries. but that sh*t was crazy. "inadvertant whistle" brought back to the 20? ouch. reviewing the 3rd down and goal at the end of the game? that was weird. and i agree with Charlie, why not go for the TD? weak man, definitely not something Bellichick would've done. Vin missing 2 fgs? unreal.

SweetArse
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Man, I can't believe the Pats didn't win this week!

Sid
11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
SS #21 Washington Redskins
Probowl 2006

premium
11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
The Rain Game

The Steelers and Dolphins set the game of football back 60 years.

Sid
11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Hap, can you check your pm.

FDM
12-02-2007, 12:45 PM
i could give less than a shit about the bills, and it sucks about sean taylor, but lol @ redskins getting called out for that double timeout icing the kicker bullshit. i'm glad the league's starting to crack down on that.

and might i add.....

http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/cat/ravens_logo_small.gif
+
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3084/chokeqx8.jpg
=
http://umtailgate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/tom-brady.jpg

ACT LIKE YA KNOW, CHICO.
WE KNOW WHAT BO DON'T KNOW.
TOUCH DEM OFF AND GO, UH OH!
CHI-CH-CHI-CHIIIIINNNGGGG

Salami Swami
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
i could give less than a shit about the bills, and it sucks about sean taylor, but lol @ redskins getting called out for that double timeout icing the kicker bullshit. i'm glad the league's starting to crack down on that.

and might i add.....

http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/cat/ravens_logo_small.gif
+
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3084/chokeqx8.jpg
=
http://umtailgate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/tom-brady.jpg

ACT LIKE YA KNOW, CHICO.
WE KNOW WHAT BO DON'T KNOW.
TOUCH DEM OFF AND GO, UH OH!
CHI-CH-CHI-CHIIIIINNNGGGG
Yeah, that was some horseshit at the end of that Ravens game and you know it, if you don't you're in denial.

That makes two weeks in a row that the Pats should have lost but oh well. They are really, really good but come on, best team ever? NO fucking way, not impressive the past two weeks at all.

I couldn't believe that the ref called defensive holding on that 4th down play, that was some serious ticky tack type bullshit! Let the fucking guys play for chrissakes, that type of miniscule shit goes on practically every pass play in the NFL and they call it on 4th down with the game on the line? Horseshit, pure and simple. Ahhhh the Ravens had soooo many chances to win but they fucked themselves and the refs fucked them too, shit happens.

Call me a hater, call me bitter, call me whatever the fuck you like, I don't care, I just hate the Patriots and I hate their smug fucking spoiled fans too, shoot me.:mad:

FDM
12-04-2007, 07:03 AM
if the raiders ever win 3 championships in 4 years after 40 years of total bullshit, we'll see how humble and non-spoiled y'all stay. you guys had your rings from years past. we ain't had sheeit til '02.

that 4th down time out is really what killed the ravens, i think. that was fucked up. if they let the defensive line complete that play, it would've been over.

that and the two unsportsmanlike conducts. way to play with poise, guys.

premium
12-04-2007, 10:10 AM
damn, i can't wait to go home and watch the end of that game now!

:D

Salami Swami
12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
if the raiders ever win 3 championships in 4 years after 40 years of total bullshit, we'll see how humble and non-spoiled y'all stay. you guys had your rings from years past. we ain't had sheeit til '02.

that 4th down time out is really what killed the ravens, i think. that was fucked up. if they let the defensive line complete that play, it would've been over.

that and the two unsportsmanlike conducts. way to play with poise, guys.
I know what you mean, and its funny that you mention the Raiders because I can't help the hatred mostly because I believe that it was the Raiders that made the Pats what they are today, via the Snow Bowl playoff game. If that bullshit never happens, I'm not saying the Pats don't win all those championships, but that shit definitely vaulted them into the stratosphere.

AND, don't get me started on Moss.
I KNEW that once he signed with the Pats that he'd kill it.
I called that shit. I said he'd get comeback player of the year (done deal), lead the league in yards and touchdowns and make the pro bowl while leading the Pats to another championship (all most likely done also). So you're very lucky once again and enjoy incredible success courtesy of the Raiders! Awesome! They basically got him for nothing, what a fucking deal.

You're right also about that time out among other things, the Ravens fucking defensive coordinator called timeout! I thought only the head coach or a player on the field could do that, but I guess not.

golivar
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM

I couldn't believe that the ref called defensive holding on that 4th down play, that was some serious ticky tack type bullshit! Let the fucking guys play for chrissakes, that type of miniscule shit goes on practically every pass play in the NFL and they call it on 4th down with the game on the line? Horseshit, pure and simple. Ahhhh the Ravens had soooo many chances to win but they fucked themselves and the refs fucked them too, shit happens.

Call me a hater, call me bitter, call me whatever the fuck you like, I don't care, I just hate the Patriots and I hate their smug fucking spoiled fans too, shoot me.:mad:

part of being a good player and a great team is discipline. the ravens' wilborne knows the rules. he broke them, period. line of scrimmage was at the ravens 13, he was grabbing onto watson past the 8 and well into the end zone. yeah, that stuff goes on all the time in every game, but that's no excuse. i never understood the whole "let the players play" argument. do we really want games to just devolve into anarchy and dirty tricks?

yeah it was the most crucial play of the game, no doubt. but don't you think that is EXACTLY when a play should be the most scrutinized?

and the ravens definitely didn't help their case by throwing tantrums on the field. that just shows their true colors. they had a shitload of penalties throughout the entire game. that goes back to the whole discipline thing. and let's not forget about the lapse in game management when the ravens d-coordinator made that bad timeout call, which basically gave the pats that first down. that wasn't the pats' or the refs' fault.

it's also not the pats fault that the media has such a huge hard-on for them. the players certainly aren't doing anything off-field to encourage it, and in press conferences belichick still sounds annoyed, as if the team is 5-7 or something. they're far from being attention-whores. seriously, it's not their fault the douchebags at espn feel the need to call the pats the best team ever.

i'm still not holding my breath when it comes to the whole 16-0 thing. next week vs the steelers is going to be tough. shit, i wouldn't put it past the dolphins to upset them. it seems like anything can happen in this league nowadays.

DOOM!
12-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by premium
The Rain Game

The Steelers and Dolphins set the game of football back 60 years.

It was pretty fun to watch in terms of how inept both teams were.

FDM
12-05-2007, 07:10 AM
in the ravens' defense, their running game basically shat on us almost the entire time. mcgahee was looking damn good.

it's also not the pats fault that the media has such a huge hard-on for them. the players certainly aren't doing anything off-field to encourage it, and in press conferences belichick still sounds annoyed, as if the team is 5-7 or something. they're far from being attention-whores. seriously, it's not their fault the douchebags at espn feel the need to call the pats the best team ever.

i'm still not holding my breath when it comes to the whole 16-0 thing. next week vs the steelers is going to be tough. shit, i wouldn't put it past the dolphins to upset them. it seems like anything can happen in this league nowadays.

amen, son.

actually even the giants have a solid chance at an upset too. like many folks have resigned themselves to say, the undefeated season is purely ego and a place in the record books. all that matters is the championship. we've clinched the division already, we've basically got home field thru every playoff game, i *could* deal with a 15-1, 14-2 season. but i certainly don't want one.

slight tangent, i thought this was an interesting top story this morning on the patriots homepage: 5 Things The Pats Need To Work On. (http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=29429&pcid=43&rss=1)

alright, the two sacks in a row during the ravens game kinda hurt. but brady's protection in the pocket has been top notch. i agree with strengthening the inconsistent running game tho. specially up against the steelers defense this week.

premium
12-05-2007, 07:31 AM
yes, those ESPN commentators are complete DOUCHES

i would seriously punch cornheiser in the mouth if i saw him in person

FDM
12-05-2007, 08:12 AM
i feel the same way, except with don shula.

SweetArse
12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know. I guess I'm spoiled, but I really miss the days when the Pats were steamrolling everyone by 30 points. Wha' happened?? Since I don't even have ESPN, I've never been so nervous waiting for my browser to refresh. I want that undefeated season dammit. I want it all!!! I'm from Boston and I'm a big fat spoiled baby!

46-10 Bears, Doug Flutie, Tom Hodson, Hugh Millen, Scott Secules, Scott Zolak, The St. Louis Patriots. I deserve it.

premium
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
man, the ravens players are pissed!

that was a great game though...

DRAMA!

FDM
12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
lol guaranteed win...
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4247/57610398me5.jpg
...FOR THE PATS.

brady->moss->brady->gaffney = salvaged play of the season.

SweetArse
12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't like these new "keep the games close" Patriots. They need to turn the switch back on for the playoffs.

FDM
12-29-2007, 08:45 PM
missed tonight's game cos i went to see sweeney todd. i expected lil manning to put up a good fight though. giants still took the nfc wild card so they're still alive regardless. stranger things have happened, but i'm not expecting anything less than a pats/cowboys or possibly another pats/packers superbowl.

i can assume we ended up NOT taking the starters out of the lineup for the second half to let them rest up for playoffs. that's a shame.

Sid
12-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Giants put up a good fight. Killer first half. Shows how if you're relaxed, don't care much, and just play you can do well. But kudos to the Pats for coming from behind and going 16-0. Randy Moss got drilled on that one hit. Still came back. What are those dudes made out of, cement? Anyhow, for some reason I think that Colts are going all the way. Marvin Harrison will be back, and they just extended Bob Sander's contract. The only thing is Dwight Freeney being out will hurt them.

FDM
01-20-2008, 03:22 PM

They are playing the greatest AFC team EVER ASSEMBLED next, if you believe Beligenius. Philip Rivers shoots lasers from his fingertips and farts rainbows. Lotta hard work to be done. Lotta hard work....

i'll admit they had some decent secondary coverage (what, 3 or 4 INT's thrown by brady in this game alone?) and we had to resort to the running game. but i think the chargers just played it way too safe, despite the kickass pats red zone defense. they settled for field goals (like the 21 yarder? come on).....that just doesn't win you playoffs games.

*edit*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/npastula/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg
O LAWD IZ DAT SUM GIANTS!?

SweetArse
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
^That's the best resolution for that image I've ever seen!

[Kool Aid]The Giants are a talented team made up of class individuals. You gotta tip your hat off to them. It will take the Pats' best game to beat them. They are simply honored to have made it this far and to have the opportunity to be able to play in the Super Bowl against such a great team as the Giants. It will be a tough game. They always are.[/Kool Aid]

golivar
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
i was impressed by how well rivers did, considering that he could barely walk on that right knee. he did a good job of connecting with chambers and jackson, and it was pissing me off. i was cursing NE's secondary the whole game. with that said, he does have a big mouth and i'm glad the pats finally shut him up.

i'm curious about what happened to tomlinson; that dude is normally pretty damn hardcore, so he must've been really hurting to sit out the whole game like that. i feel bad for him. he's a talented player and he seems like a real good guy. he deserves a trip to the superbowl, without a doubt.

i didn't catch the other game, but i was rooting for the packers, just so that favre can at least retire with the NFC title. i also suspect that the patriots would've faced less of a challenge against the packers, who are a pretty young team right now, than against the giants, who are on fire. hopefully the two week break will cool them off and bring eli back to his normal bumbling self, that bumpkin mouth breather.

the pats D really has their job cut out for them. it's gonna be tough for them to slow down toomer, burress, AND jacobs. figures i'll be watching the game at a friend's house with a room full of giants fans. sucks!

SweetArse
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
It's amazing when you listen to Eli talk and he inspires absolute... what's the opposite of confidence. But I guess he's pretty good with a ball in his hand. This team scares me. They played the Pats pretty close in week 17. A few bad breaks and it's 18-1. McDreamy better shake off that interceptionitis in the next two weeks.

Sid
01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
^hmmm weird, I think he seems totally confident in his interviews. Almost too casual and laid back, like nothing is fazing him. I think a big thing that is helping Eli, is the absence of Jeremy Shockey. He needs to be on Lexapro, he is way to high strung, and bitches like a baby when he doesn't get the ball from Manning. That's just adding more pressure on Eli. Now that he's on injured reserve Eli doesn't have to worry about him.

Pats are opening up at -13.5 already. If anyone plans on laying with the Pats, wait it out, the line will drop. If you're on the Giants, grab the points now while you can. I'd grab the under too before the Sharps bring it under.

Go G-men!

Sid
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
holy fuck. Rivers had arthroscopic knee surgery before the AFC game. I don't know how he played in that game 1 week post op. That is insane. Dude has seriously earned my respect.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArQIvV2RgIfDWGnPFHDal5w5nYcB?slug=ap-chargers-rivers&prov=ap&type=lgns

IslanderSteve
02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Giants beat the Patriots! Staggering! Stunning! If you picked the upset in Vegas you're rolling in dough!

I thought when Brady hooked up with Moss for the go ahead touchdown, it was over. But, Eli did it. Just marches the team down for a score of his own as cool as cucumber.

I am so happy that I don't have to listen to Chowheads brag about their team and hearing all the Brady manlove.

Damn! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Giants!

Oh, and very "classy" move by Belichek with the way he ran off the field before the last, official snap.

SweetArse
02-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I guess this was the character-building, conservative play-calling loss I was waiting all year for. What the hell. Giants D-line was insane all game. I guess they can all write "defense wins championships" again.

Sid
02-03-2008, 06:42 PM
That was awesome. The throw to and catch by David Tyree was unbelievable.

cha ching jigga!

herrokitty
02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PBEqYnFyL._SS500_.jpg

IslanderSteve
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I guess this was the character-building, conservative play-calling loss I was waiting all year for. What the hell. Giants D-line was insane all game. I guess they can all write "defense wins championships" again.

Indeed, the Giants D-line dictated New England's playcalling. Not only did they generate a great pass rush, but also stuffed the run. And, great blitz-callling by the defensive coordinator.

wnoodle
02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
While I appreciate the effort and victory of the G-Men I'm annoyed I was denied the chance to witness a historic 19-0 season. The Pats' D looked good for most of the game but when it counted they couldn't stop third and long. Hang the horns on their D... And their lack of offense.

A thrilling game nonetheless!

SweetArse
02-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by herrokitty
http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PBEqYnFyL._SS500_.jpg

Just bad karma all around this game. This book. The parade pre-planning. Moss' domestic problems. Brady's boot. Rehashing of Spygate. Belichick and the Pats being loosey-goosey and humorous during media events.

Meanwhile, the Gents were coming in like the 2001 Pats, low-key as heavy underdogs. Guess who's shoulder chip was bigger?

IslanderSteve
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
It'll be an intriguing off-season for the Pats.

Last year, they made some major signings and upgrades. This year? They have a top-ten pick, but top WR Moss and CB Samuel are free agents.

FDM
02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
http://jj.am/gallery/d/32052-2/Transformerdisgust.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32058-2/compsad.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32044-2/EdnaDisgust.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32048-2/Picarddisgust.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32039-2/Batmandisgust.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32042-2/CaptainAmericaFacepalm.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32046-2/Homerdisgust.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32054-2/ahjeezarab.jpghttp://jj.am/gallery/d/32056-2/ahjeezcomp.jpg

goddamn pocket protection.

i can't say this was any one "extraneous" news item's fault.....this is a team that's thrived on controversy in the past season, why the fuck would they crumble at more allegations of spygate? randy moss's domestic dispute was a non-issue. the confidence has always been there, but it wasn't goddamn joe namath guaranteeing a win or anything.

It'll be an intriguing off-season for the Pats.

Last year, they made some major signings and upgrades. This year? They have a top-ten pick, but top WR Moss and CB Samuel are free agents.

we've already locked moss into a multi-year contract, he's gonna be a franchise player. we'll probably be letting go of samuel and stallworth.

golivar
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
that was an amazing game, regardless of the outcome. gotta give credit where it's due, though. congrats to the giants. their D line was just great all night long.

but as a football fan, and not just as a pats fan, it would've been awesome to see NE complete a perfect season. mainly because i don't think we'll see too many teams come close to that in our lifetimes, and also because i was really getting sick of seeing those grumpy old '72 dolphins every year, celebrating whenever the last undefeated team gets its first loss.

this loss would've been easier to swallow if the pats had lost a game or two along the way. it also would've been easier to take if the pats hadn't teased us by getting that td with less than 3 minutes left. they were so close. i had this bad feeling all week that the pats defense would somehow come up short at a crucial time. ugh. they showed glimpses of that for the last month or so, and it finally caught up to them.

golivar
02-03-2008, 08:22 PM
maybe this loss is karma catching up to NE for the whole taping violation. maybe the football gods just waited until the very last 3 minutes of the season to mete out their punishment.

wnoodle
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
^ good point

FDM
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
maybe this loss is karma catching up to NE for the whole taping violation. maybe the football gods just waited until the very last 3 minutes of the season to mete out their punishment.

i still don't get how this is such a big fucking deal when you could obtain the exact same information with written consent from the NFL. it's the same goddamn shit that goes on, whether you have a writ or not.

and again, defensive signals are something that not only one guy with a camera can see, but dozens, if not hundreds of people in the stands can see. like i said before, it's not like they were tapping the line into the offensive coordinator's booth or something. that shit is out in the open, right on the sidelines.

golivar
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM

i still don't get how this is such a big fucking deal when you could obtain the exact same information with written consent from the NFL. it's the same goddamn shit that goes on, whether you have a writ or not.

and again, defensive signals are something that not only one guy with a camera can see, but dozens, if not hundreds of people in the stands can see. like i said before, it's not like they were tapping the line into the offensive coordinator's booth or something. that shit is out in the open, right on the sidelines.

i don't think the league will give you teams' signals and what they mean, but obviously teams trade game tape all the time, and teams do tape the other team with cameras elsewhere in the stadium.i thought belichick got in trouble because of WHERE the cameraman was, not the fact that he was taping. and didn't goodell specifically warn teams about illegal taping before the season? i don't really know, i didn't really follow the whole controversy.

golivar
02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
actually, one good thing to come out of this game is that the giants won a SB without shockey and tiki barber, two shitty teammates. hopefully the pricks at the daily news and ny post will rub that in their faces.

and i do feel bad for junior seau, who i've always respected and felt that he deserved to win a championship to end his career on a high note. i even think moss deserved a ring, mainly because of the change in his attitude this year and the hard work he put in.

FDM
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
you think junior seau's got one more season left in him? might not be the undefeated season, but we're still contenders either way.

golivar
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
i don't know if seau is gonna stay. i have a feeling this end to the season might be too much for him to recover from emotionally. he's a great teammate and all, but he's getting up there in age (39!), same with harrison, bruschi, and even vrabel. there's gonna come a time when, even with all the experience they have, their ages are gonna be a liability for the pats defense, and i think that time is coming up fast. the past few weeks, the media kept talking about how the pats D "bends but doesn't break", well it looks like they finally broke. the team needs to invest in some solid young players in the secondary and linebacker corps this spring.

anyways...two weeks until pitchers and catchers report. GO SOX!

Salami Swami
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PBEqYnFyL._SS500_.jpghttp://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Denstradamus
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Randy Moss and Terell Owens still don't have rings. Maybe Karma does exist...

beanie
02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Fuck TO

Salami Swami
02-04-2008, 01:48 AM
I hope I wasn't the only one who found the panda commercial a tad bit offensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsk3fZc2J_I

FDM
02-04-2008, 07:31 AM
I hope I wasn't the only one who found the panda commercial a tad bit offensive.

the panda wife sounded puerto rican.

both those salesgenie commercials were fucked up. (the chinese panda one, and the put-upon apu-indian guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJyQcDUIDYo)

IslanderSteve
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM

we've already locked moss into a multi-year contract, he's gonna be a franchise player. we'll probably be letting go of samuel and stallworth.

Did I miss something about Moss? Last I heard, he had to tear up the last two years of his Oakland contract and accept a 1-year contract for $3 million and bonuses to get under the Patriots cap.

Unless something changed over the past couple of weeks, he's an unrestricted freeagent.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5504408.html

premium
02-04-2008, 07:58 AM

weren't they also taping practices?

650lex
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM

what was up with all the salesgenie commercials - they were all a little on the offensive side!

it was a great game - i was on edge for the last two minutes of the game but i was really happy to see the Giants win!

premium
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
i think last year, the owner of sales genie made the commercial

and this year the goal was to see if they could top how bad last year's was

i think they succeeded.

"there's no such thing as bad press"

IslanderSteve
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Favre retires... finally!

He's a great player, but I was getting a sick of every commentator constantly ejaculating about his greatness.

Joe Buck of Fox NFL was especially guilty of this. Good grief. If you love him so much, why don't you marry him?!

Sid
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
wow, good time to go out, but he can definitely play on. congrats.

SweetArse
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
He should go into the Arena League and break everyone's fingers there.

IslanderSteve
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
My Bungles, I mean, Bengals did okay in the draft. Would've liked Dorsey or Ellis to clog up the middle at DT, but Keith Rivers should do quite nicely at LB. Felt they reached a little with their two WR picks, but what do I know?

I think the sleeper is DT Jason Shirley. He has some off-the-field issues, but he's a behemoth at 6-5 and 335 lbs.

I'm not a huge Raiders fan, but getting McFadden (even with their deep existing RB corp) was an awesome pick. It would've been interesting, though, if they had taken Dorsey.

joetron2030
08-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Favre retires... finally!

And then he un-retires. I'm glad he's been relegated to the "Siberia" of the NFL, the NY Jets.

Signed,
Fair-weather Vikings Fan.

In other news, I've got to make my keeper choices for one of my fantasy football leagues. From what I had left of my roster last season, my best options were Ben Roethlisberger and Marvin Harrison. If McGahee hadn't had his knee scoped, I might have gone with him.

Yumyumcha
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Being a Packer fan, I love Favre. He had his highs and lows but I think he'll revert back to his high interception self with the Jets. They don't have a running game and I don't think their offensive scheme is that tricky. I wish him luck but I dunno.

premium
08-19-2008, 05:19 AM
My Bungles, I mean, Bengals did okay in the draft.

CHRIS HENRY IS BACK.

:confused:

premium
08-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Marvin Frazier, one of Chris Henry's representatives, confirmed Tuesday morning that his client is in Cincinnati getting a physical and is expected to sign a contract but can't play or practice in the regular season until the fifth week because he's on the suspended list.

The Bengals don't comment on players until they sign a contract.

A signing indicates that Chad Johnson's sprained shoulder is serious enough that they look to be preparing for the possibility that Johnson could be sidelined for several weeks. Although Johnson insisted Monday night he'll be back for the opener.

But that's not the only injury that has clouded the receiver picture in the last 48 hours. There is also rookie receiver Andre Caldwell's sprained foot and T.J. Houshmandzadeh's hamstring. He's 50-50 at best to play in his first preseason game Saturday night against the Saints, and the Bengals could be forced to sign a receiver in addition to Henry.

Henry became the face of the Bengals' off-field problems that marred the 2006 season and as late as last week head coach Marvin Lewis indicated he was not interested in him.

Frazier said that Henry traveled to the Bengals' Georgetown College training camp a few weeks ago and met with Lewis after the coach put it in as strong as terms as possible on July 22.

"I'm not interested," Lewis told reporters at the Bengals training camp luncheon. "I don't think it would be productive for our football team. You have to be a productive part to be an NFL player, and there's responsibilities to being an NFL player. It's a privilege, it's not a right. There's a lot that comes with being an NFL football player."

Frazier said Henry talked to other clubs, including the Ravens, the opponent in the Sept. 7 regular-season opener that he can't play in because of his four-game suspension.

"It was a family decision more than anything," Frazier said. "They felt like he needed to go someplace where he was going to get support and the Bengals have been tremendous that way. Not only does he know the offense and the guys, but he wants to show people there that he's not the kind of guy they think he is."

Henry is on his third NFL suspension and the Bengals cut him April 3 after his fifth arrest, this one for assault, a charge that was later dropped. He also began last season with a suspension, an eight-gamer for two alcohol-related arrests in the spring of 2006.

"This last incident was proven to be bogus and it was an unfortunate incident because he was doing everything he had to do," Frazier said. "He was suspended for four games because he shouldn't have been there, and I believe he gets it."

Frazier confirmed that Henry is basically broke and says he seems to have undergone a transformation in order to get his life back in order.

"No one has lost more than this young man," Frazier said. "He could have gone the other way. He could have been bitter and complained and moaned. But he's really been great. He's got no choice. You can't run away and hide. You've got to grow up."

Asked if they had considered a change of scenery because of the community and media scrutiny in Cincinnati, Frazier said, "No matter where you go, it's going to be like that for NFL players. That's the way it is.

"Hopefully with the organization giving him another chance, the fans will, too."

Johnson's injury, which involved the shoulder popping out and then back into the joint, the club's withering receiver depth, and the miserable effort on offense in the 27-10 loss to the Lions on Sunday night has apparently won the day despite Henry's notorious track record.

"If you mean by extended period the last two preseason games, that's all it's going to be," Johnson said. "It's great (Henry) is back. He'll be fine."

At least one veteran endorsed the move when it surfaced last week that the Bengals were talking to Henry.

"If he's going to play for anybody in the league, why not here?" asked defensive tackle John Thornton, who served as defensive captain last year. "The Bengals took a lot of crap for him. Why let him go somewhere else, and he goes plays for Dallas and he becomes a superstar? He knows this offense.

"If he screws up, he's done. It's a one-strike policy. If everybody is comfortable, if the NFL is comfortable with it ... in my opinion, as a friend and a player, I think the locker room would light up just to see him back because everybody's been reading about how tough it's been with him with foreclosures and all that."

Henry's stats are seductive. The 6-4, 200-pounder showed a great knack for tracking the long ball by scoring 15 touchdowns on his first 67 catches during his first two seasons in the NFL. His production dipped last year to just two touchdowns in eight games after spending the first eight games on the suspended list.

The Bengals figure to sign Henry to a contract with minimum salaries. Like last year, Henry can practice and play in preseason games before sitting the first month. But since he hasn't been with a team since the Bengals cut him, he may not be ready to play at all in the preseason.

joetron2030
08-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Wow. Must remember avoid all Bengals offensive players in the draft.

I was reading that some scouts now attribute Shaun Alexander's success mainly to the Seattle O-line of yore. Current thinking is that if Alexander wants to play anywhere this season, he may be stuck having to sign for the league minimum.

Denstradamus
08-21-2008, 08:53 AM
At least your starting quarterback didn't play for UC Davis. That's right, my team's starting quarterback was the quarterback for UC Davis.

Hap
08-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah. Historically, the Niners have no success mining talent from obscure college programs. :D

Salami Swami
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Thought this billboard was pretty funny:
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080820/94950.jpg

premium
08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
yeah, just drove by that yesterday.

golivar
08-22-2008, 01:37 AM
At least your starting quarterback didn't play for UC Davis. That's right, my team's starting quarterback was the quarterback for UC Davis.

so is alex smith officially an nfl bust now? i guess that great utah team from a few years back was really just about urban meyer.

btw after last year's SB i don't know if i can bring myself to follow pro football this season.

premium
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
CINCINNATI -- Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

Chad Johnson

Johnson

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," he told the team's Web site. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker -- a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

SweetArse
09-05-2008, 08:24 AM
What's all this hubbub about Alex Smith's small hands and smelling of cabbage? Where did this come from?

FDM
09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
god dammit brady :[

SweetArse
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Cassell didn't suck!

FDM
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
naw, he didn't! he stepped up, but yeah......would i rather see cassell or brady up against SD or Indy....hmmm.....

unfortunately i didn't see how bad the hit was. i'm at work and we're just listening to the game online right now. but it sounded pretty bad. :( coming in sideways at the knee? did you see his knee pop or anything?

SweetArse
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
For some stupid reason, the CBS feed here in NY thought I would want to watch Jets-Dolphins instead. I only caught the "highlights" at halftime and the end. It didn't look like much. The defender guy was sort of driven into Brady's legs by an O-lineman. Brady crumpled and was said to have screamed like a little girl. He limped into the locker room by his own accord, but didn't return, which could be serious, or could be a Belicheck mindfudge.

FDM
09-07-2008, 03:41 PM
alright, after getting a chance to peep the
"highlight" after i got back from work today, it really looks more like a really misplaced grope by a defensive lineman who was basically already on the ground. it's not like he was GUNNING for brady's knee or anything, i think he just saw blue pants and made a half-assed lunge.

incidental contact, but what fucking price :( fuck fuck fuck.

SweetArse
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Week 17, Pats at Buffalo. Both teams are 9-6 and playing for the Wild Card. Cassel goes down in the 1st after a tremendous hit by Aaron Schobel. Camera cuts to Chris Simms putting on his helmet. But wait. Out of the visitor's tunnel. A familiar figure. No 12 jogs on the field to take command of the offense. Belicheck had kept Brady on the roster this whole time and listed him as Doubtful, meanwhile mindfudging the League into thinking Brady had torn his ACL. Brady goes 25 for 27 with 400 yds and 6 TDs, all to Moss. The Pats seize momentum and win out the rest of the games. Soon after, Tom Terrific lifts his 4th Lombardy Trophy high above his head.

Oh Bill, you are so predictable. :(

FDM
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
who the fuck are you, michael bay?

wait, don't tell me....then brady points into the crowd, at steve grogan. he tosses him the trophy in a perfect spiral pass, gives him the wink-point while grogan gives him a thumbs up combined with the slow-clap, then brady hops on a harley davidson and tear-asses out of the stadium with fireworks exploding behind him. he hits a giant ramp and lands on the inside of a waiting helicopter while making out with giselle bundchen to a soundtrack by Nonpoint.

SweetArse
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Mr. Miyagi smiles knowingly into the camera. Roll credits.

golivar
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Week 17, Pats at Buffalo. Both teams are 9-6 and playing for the Wild Card. Cassel goes down in the 1st after a tremendous hit by Aaron Schobel. Camera cuts to Chris Simms putting on his helmet. But wait. Out of the visitor's tunnel. A familiar figure. No 12 jogs on the field to take command of the offense. Belicheck had kept Brady on the roster this whole time and listed him as Doubtful, meanwhile mindfudging the League into thinking Brady had torn his ACL. Brady goes 25 for 27 with 400 yds and 6 TDs, all to Moss. The Pats seize momentum and win out the rest of the games. Soon after, Tom Terrific lifts his 4th Lombardy Trophy high above his head.

Oh Bill, you are so predictable. :(

chris simms...? i'm confused.

wnoodle
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
^ The above scenario outlined by SA and FDM is pure gold. The wink and the gun bit was a nice touch.

Early word on Brady's knee is bad: Torn ACL and likely out for the season. Info hasn't been verified yet but will suck if true :(

wnoodle
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Nevermind, NFL.com has confirmed Brady's injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a95089

The terrible irony to this story is how he didn't play a lick during the pre-season to heal properly and avoid injury, and then his knee gets blown out in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

golivar
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
well, we can be optimistic and hope that cassel can pull off what brady did way back in 2001 when he came in for bledsoe.

we still have moss, gaffney, welker, etc. and i'm hoping that last year's SB debacle will really light a fire under randy's ass this year to get that ring.

man, in a way i'm glad there isn't much nfl coverage here in the PI. last thing i want to watch is sean salisbury and the all the other douchebags at espn "analyzing" what this means for the pats' season.

golivar
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
somebody get flutie on the phone!

atomicscissors
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Oakland-Raiders-Logo.gif

Denstradamus
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
i'm hoping that last year's SB debacle will really light a fire under randy's ass this year to get that ring.

Don't bet on it. I mean when things got shitty with the Raiders and the Vikings, Moss wasn't exactly an inspirational figure that rallied the troops.

In fact he was the complete opposite.

If the Patriots make it, I expect someone else to lead the charge.

joetron2030
09-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah, as someone who lives in MN and watched Moss through the good and bad, he won't be the one to take charge unless something has drastically changed in him.

And, I highly doubt that.

FDM
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM

chris simms...? i'm confused.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chrissimms/profile?id=SIM339462

bucs free agent just picked up by the pats. now he's cassell's backup.
40% completion in one fucking preseason game against the pats this year, in which the bucs won.

yeah so uhh....how's flutie doing these days?

Salami Swami
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by atomicscissors
http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Oakland-Raiders-Logo.gif
PLEASE let the Raiders have a decent showing against the donkeys tonight.

RUN DMC should be putting in a bunch of work, I don't know about the receiving corps though, pretty fucking suspect if you ask me.

If the team as a whole cut back on the dumb penalties (usually lead the league), they can be good again I think.

wnoodle
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Too bad the Pats picked up Simms cuz we all know it Flutie FTW!

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/flutie_doug051107getty.jpg

But seriously, he's not coming back, I'm sure Flutie's quite aware his best playing days are behind him; which is a shame cuz I really liked watching him scramble around and stuff.

SweetArse
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think the Simms thing has been confirmed yet. I bet they re-sign 2nd year man Gutierrez. Keepin' it in the system. Keepin' it real. Real cheap.

atomicscissors
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM

PLEASE let the Raiders have a decent showing against the donkeys tonight.

RUN DMC should be putting in a bunch of work, I don't know about the receiving corps though, pretty fucking suspect if you ask me.

If the team as a whole cut back on the dumb penalties (usually lead the league), they can be good again I think.

God, that was fucking horrible. I was at work, so I had to listen to it on the radio. Russell seemed to have a decent game; nothing to write home about, but not terrible either. McFadden didn't get as many touches as I had thought he might get.

What's up with the fucking defense? Where was the coverage? And of course the penalties. 5 personal fouls? Are you fucking serious? Fucking idiots, dude.

Salami Swami
09-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah so much for a decent showing, huh?
Just straight up embarrassing in every aspect.

Talk about NO pressure put on Cutler whatsoever, STUPID STUPID STUPID penalties (as always), horrible pass protection (as always), and they could not defend this fuck Royal. And by they I mean DeAngelo hall, who apparently SUCKS BIG TIME at pass coverage.

Fuck it, at least the Chargers and the Chiefs lost too.
They have to put this disgusting, foul shit behind them and focus on executing better next week.

wnoodle
09-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Don't forget the Colts, they got beat too.

I like it when the Colts get beat.

atomicscissors
09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah so much for a decent showing, huh?
Just straight up embarrassing in every aspect.

Talk about NO pressure put on Cutler whatsoever, STUPID STUPID STUPID penalties (as always), horrible pass protection (as always), and they could not defend this fuck Royal. And by they I mean DeAngelo hall, who apparently SUCKS BIG TIME at pass coverage.

They have to put this disgusting, foul shit behind them and focus on executing better next week.

If our defense is going to continue to play like they did last night, it's going to be a long season.

The Raiders just straight up didn't show up last night. Russell is the big question mark. If he can't get a passing game going to complement the run in the next couple of games, the Raiders are done.

Salami Swami
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Yo the Chargers got straight up robbed yesterday.
I love that they're 0-2 though.
But seriously they know that shit was a fucking fumble, ref should be embarrassed.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3589407

shammy718
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
raiders played a lot better this weekend. got a running game on! what's the status with lane kiffin now? rough deal.

Salami Swami
10-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Al Davis is a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, pretty much always has been.

Did Lane Kiffin give away those two fucking games against Buffalo and San Diego?

Don't think so.

Anyway, it doesn't matter who coaches the Raiders, they could dig up Vince fucking Lombardi and put him on the sidelines, they're still going to be a bunch of choking assholes that can't finish a goddamned game.

Buffalo?
San Diego?
The Raiders had them right where they wanted them both times and both times predictably snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

3-1 would have been nice and having the Chargers at 1-3 would have been equally dandy, but those pussies of course had to revert back to what they know best, and that's doing dumb shit and gift-wrapping games for the other team.

I'm numb to this shit already, it stopped surprising me a loooooong time ago.
The team actually shows signs of getting better but right when they appear to be on the verge of doing something positive, the same shit happens again and again and again and again.

Al Davis should be fucking killed. I mean that in the most serious way. I'm talking like someone put a fucking hit out on that motherfucking Crypt Keeper looking piece of shit and allow the team to finally be run by someone that understands modern day football and is not stuck in fucking 1967.
I'm not kidding.
If that dude fucking died, no sane Raider fan ("sane Raider fan" is an oxymoron, I know, I know...) would give a shit. They'd probably have a parade in Oakland to celebrate.

OK, that about sums it up!
Let's go watch baseball playoffs now.

shammy718
10-01-2008, 06:26 AM
watching his interview made me sad. he made so many personal attacks against lane. al davis has been a maverick most of his career, but at what expense? the team is not bad right now, and they need stability. a head coach needs flexibility and trust from the owner. otherwise, you're working with one hand tied behind your back, as they say. good luck, lane. good luck, raiders.

premium
10-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Q. The Ohio State Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading into Cincinnati
A. For the first offense, they give you two Cincinnati Bengals tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Cincinnati Bengals

Q. What do the Cincinnati Bengals and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ"

Q. How do you keep a Cincinnati Bengal out of your yard?
A. Put up goal post.

Q. What do you call a Cincinnati Bengal with a Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Cincinnati Bengals and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Cincinnati Bengals does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q. What do the Bengals and a possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

FDM
10-14-2008, 07:49 AM
go sox :(

SweetArse
10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
hello Celtics.

golivar
10-17-2008, 06:28 AM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6862/061003newenglandrevolutpf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WOOHOO!

shammy718
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
forgot what it's like to win!

wnoodle
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread by saying how much I've been loving Thursday Night Football games recently. A week between games is just too long, the TNF is a nice way to break up the week.

l-train8
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not really following the NFL this year. This year for Seattle is, as Sports Illustrated put it, "sportspocalypse now."

The Mariners took either dead last or second to last in all of baseball. I didn't pay attention to the race to the cellar that last week, but we were neck and neck with the Nationals.

After 37 years, the Sonics are now the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Oh yeah, in NCAA football, both WSU And UW are having record seasons of suckitude.

And the Seahawks, just 3 years after playing in the superbowl, are having their worst season since an evil owner ran the team in the ground so he could move the team to LA. In '92, ownership was trying to lose games, and the 'Hawks had a 2 - 16 season. This year, with a huge payroll and a hall-of-fame coach, they're on the same pace. I'm glad I'm not in a fantasy league, so I don't have to turn on ESPN on Sundays.

FDM
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6862/061003newenglandrevolutpf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WOOHOO! CATCH DA FEVAH!

naw, i'm thinking pats will at least secure a wild card spot this season, and get knocked out in the first round when we take on the jets or the colts or whoever. shit's over and done with. granted, cassel's done a pretty goddamn decent job getting thrown into the shit stew this season, attempting to find his rhythm with receivers, too bad he just can't work out any plays with moss tho. but i guess cassel ain't that "60 yard miracle pass" kinda QB. fair enough.

NFC west though.....wtf. cards are in first place with a respectable 7-3, 49's are in second place with.................3-7. FLY HIGH, BOYS!!!

SweetArse
11-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Tom Terrific's too expensive. Take out the salary roll chainsaw. Beligenius has perfected the art of cloning.

shammy718
11-23-2008, 11:20 PM
raiders actually looked good today.

Denstradamus
12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

pwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaha

Denstradamus
12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
oh and good to see the Vikes get one over Big Blue.

Lain
12-28-2008, 03:03 PM
He got a brand new Lions jersey after they won their whole preseason....the ass-hole never got to wear it once since they lost the whole fucking season. At least I get K back on sunday now.

FDM
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM

i'm thinking pats will at least secure a wild card spot this season

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9963/doubleepicfacepalmgs1.jpg

SweetArse
12-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Friggin' Farve.

Times, they are a changin'.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796019

Denstradamus
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
It's kind of funny how a 9-7 team can make it into the playoffs and an 11-5 team can miss the playoffs.

Denstradamus
12-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Lain
He got a brand new Lions jersey after they won their whole preseason....the ass-hole never got to wear it once since they lost the whole fucking season. At least I get K back on sunday now.

I never thought I'd see perfection in my lifetime. I tip my cap to Detroit.

DOOM!
12-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Lain

He can wear this then.
http://www.theworldofisaac.com/2008/11/yes-we-can-lions-0-16.html

Lain
12-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Being forced to listen to the now fired coach of the Lion press conference. Everytime he says "I did my best" it makes me thinking of the crying bit from Dane Cook where when every man cries they latch on to on phrase that they sob over and over.

Denstradamus
12-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Patriots going 11-5 this year is actually more impressive than going 16-0 last year imho.

Salami Swami
12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
It's kind of funny how a 9-7 team can make it into the playoffs and an 11-5 team can miss the playoffs.
How about an 8-8 team like the Chargers?
I hate them but it was awesome to see San Diego deal the Donkeys the final humiliating death blow that eliminated them. The Donkeys are so fucking weak, they deserve to have to watch the playoffs on TV with the rest of us.

The Raiders took out Chucky but I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would.
As shitty as the Raiders were this year they won some huge games (beat Denver in Denver, beat Tampa in Tampa and also beat the Jets who were very hot at one point).

The Raiders could have been .500 this year if they knew how to finish games, and I say this every year but they should be good next year or at least very decent.

Shit, if the AFC West stays the way it is (sucky), they have a great shot at winning it next season.

Sid
01-24-2009, 01:58 AM
who's it gonna be, arizona or steelers?

if i were to bet, i think i would go steelers -7 and the over 47.

defense wins games, and i think cards hot streak ends here. but man, fitzgerald is unreal. i feel like if warner just throws the ball in his general direction he'll come down with it every time. also, whisenhunt was offensive coordinator for the steelers. i think that puts a coaching advantage for the cardinals.

thoughts? predictions?

golivar
03-26-2009, 10:36 PM
i didn't know T.O. signed with the bills earlier this month. i just found out about it today. this should make their games vs the pats more interesting this season. pats will still own the afc east, though (probably goes w/o saying).

FDM
03-27-2009, 08:02 AM
i'm a realist here. given the money that's already guaranteed to golden boy brady (5 mil guaranteed, plus another 3 mil as a roster bonus? jesus. i wish i got a door prize like that just for showing up), and the fact that he's missed an entire fucking season with the knee, is he gonna be 100%? he's had a whole year to be all frilly hollywood celebrity socialite with giselle. i wonder how being access hollywood brady will affect his drive as greatest qb of the 00's brady.

i mean, unless on sept 14th we hear "CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP, click-WHIRRRR" and brady steps out onto the field lookin like this:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6215/robocop.jpg

i'm gonna play it safe, again, and say we'll probably clinch the division this year, but no superbowl.

then again pats were 11-5 last season and didn't even make the playoffs. so fuck it.

SweetArse
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
No worries. Give Beli-genius lemons, he'll make you lobster thermidor.

shammy718
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12082745

FDM
08-11-2009, 06:14 AM
preseason starts this week. jeez! let it get cold first!

SweetArse
08-11-2009, 06:38 AM
preseason starts this week. jeez! let it get cold first!

Actually, Bills and Titans just played Sunday. I am hesitant to get my hopes up. Pats look too good on paper right now.

FDM
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Actually, Bills and Titans just played Sunday. I am hesitant to get my hopes up. Pats look too good on paper right now.

on paper.

looks like galloway's got some problems gelling on plays. and that walters dude from oaktown is scarily bad. i'm guessing o'connell gets the backup spot, walters gets put on third string.

the brady-to-moss looks good despite a few sputters. that shit will get back to running the table come first real game though. i can feel it.

motherfucking julian edelman tho, welcome to the team, you weird-ass-name-havin', white-troy-brown you! also that baker dude is pretty solid. i honestly thought that was ben watson on his first td reception!

how about that breaking news during the game, huh? michael vick in philly! if he's stayed in shape, dude has the potential to be an awesome backup qb. i heard they might just stick him at running back tho? weird shit.

IslanderSteve
08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
on paper.

how about that breaking news during the game, huh? michael vick in philly! if he's stayed in shape, dude has the potential to be an awesome backup qb. i heard they might just stick him at running back tho? weird shit.

Just read that. Didn't they just extend McNabb's contract? He must be scratching his head.

premium
08-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Go eagles

SweetArse
08-14-2009, 06:15 AM
motherfucking julian edelman tho, welcome to the team, you weird-ass-name-havin', white-troy-brown you!

More like Wes Welker's twin. They had better fucking run at least ONE trick play during the season where Edelman lines up at WR and throws a TD pass. The dude is a quarterback for Belichick-sake!

FDM
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
hah, yeah i heard that! he was a QB in college! a possible third candidate for backup? seems like edelman can pretty much do anything though. return kicks on special teams, wide receiver, qb experience, possibly even a defensive end a la asante samuel?

SweetArse
08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
One of the few good articles by this guy. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/090814&sportCat=nfl)

FDM
08-18-2009, 07:58 AM
also favre just signed with the vikings. oh okay.

joetron2030
08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
God, I couldn't believe that Favre did sign with the Vikes. Doesn't matter. The Vikes will still be a mediocre team. And, I hadn't planned on following them all that closely to begin with.

DJ LunchBox
09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
is anyone in a fantasy football league or running one? I want to join one since i've never done it before.

FDM
09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
sweet baby jesus that was close. granted that it's his first regular season start, but man, too many dropped fucking passes. dangerous.

SweetArse
09-15-2009, 06:17 AM
The Chosen One was a little rusty after an entire year of lying around, being pampered by Gisele. Faulk is still the mothrafuckin man. Too bad we have a swiss cheese defense now. J-E-T-S next!

FDM
09-15-2009, 07:00 AM
faulk had some great carries and receptions. i was kinda disappointed in welker though. after an entire season of being the go-to guy for the short quick route plays, he ended up botching a few easy receptions. watson earned his spot though. dude had a couple great blocks in addition to the mad frenzied 2-minute drill at the end. i'm disappointed in joey galloway too. i dunno if it's just....not enough time on the field for galloway to gel in a live-action, non-practice setting, or what.

well, young inexperienced defense. you know how it is. i hope jerrod mayo bounces back for the next game though.

also, where'd edelman go?

SweetArse
09-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Edelman was on the injured list or something. I think a lot of the incompletes were Brady's fault, so I'm not too worried about the receivers. To me, Galloway is mostly a decoy. On that crazy off chance that he's open way downfield and Brady has oodles of time, he'll get that long bomb. Still can't believe that Bills returner came out of the end zone like that, only to get punished by Meriwether, stripped, and then freakin' little Gostkowski recovered.

FDM
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
^ that was a karmic gift to make up for the schobel interception.

FDM
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
man, galloway inactive this week? not looking good for that dude. i wonder why he's got so much trouble fitting in and gelling on plays. on the other hand, welcome fred taylor. welcome.

and welcome back junior motherfucking seau!!! hahaha, man. we might as well give bruschi a bionic heart and let him come back too.

anybody watching the brett favre revenge crap tonight? packers are hanging the fuck in there with their 2nd year QB. admirable. adrian peterson can still eat a dick sammich though.

SweetArse
10-06-2009, 07:12 AM
What's your beef with Adrian Peterson? He seems pretty badass.

I guess Galloway is turning out to be one of those old dogs you can't teach new tricks to.

Fuck an NFL blackout rule.

FDM
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
y'know, "the 5-0 denver broncos" just doesn't sound....right. :(

atomicscissors
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
And the Red Sox got swept.

Tough luck.

FDM
10-19-2009, 05:59 AM
man, i wish it would snow EVERY sunday :D

FDM
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2365/epicfacepalm.jpg

SweetArse
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Yep, Beli-smartguy (maybe no genius?) took the risk. I think I can see his logic. Defense was tired. It was a non-divisional game. Looked like Brady was begging to go for it. Maybe he saw something. What angered me was that the defense was still tackling after they didn't get the yards. They should have let the Colts stroll in. Give them the quick points so Brady has some time to put it in field goal range. Belichick is Keith Hernandez.

And the Pacers beat the C's.

golivar
11-15-2009, 09:49 PM
[imgp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2365/epicfacepalm.jpg[/img]

dude these types of posts are really annoying. you should just stop.

golivar
11-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep, Beli-smartguy (maybe no genius?) took the risk. I think I can see his logic. Defense was tired. It was a non-divisional game. Looked like Brady was begging to go for it. Maybe he saw something. What angered me was that the defense was still tackling after they didn't get the yards. They should have let the Colts stroll in. Give them the quick points so Brady has some time to put it in field goal range. Belichick is Keith Hernandez.

And the Pacers beat the C's.

yeah it was a gamble but if they had been able to convert it would've sealed the game, so i agree with you, i can see belichick's logic behind the call. it seemed like such an easy play too, i'm surprised faulk juggled the ball and couldn't squeeze out that one yard he needed. oh well. i'll grudgingly take a reg season loss if it means the pats can come back in the playoffs (with a bit more experience and stamina under the D's belt) and knock off the colts.

FDM
11-16-2009, 04:55 AM
see, they DID convert it. welker caught the ball BEYOND the 30, even. and even if the refs were dicks and spotted the ball where welker landed, he landed RIGHT ON the 30. he got the first down, what belichick did wrong was NOT CHALLENGE before the 2 minute warning. they had one time out left, might as well use it, and then regain composure for the last 2 minutes and march on in with a tried-and-tested drill. ah well.

dude these types of posts are really annoying. you should just stop.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9818/1238599647907.jpg

SweetArse
11-16-2009, 05:45 AM
see, they DID convert it. welker caught the ball BEYOND the 30, even. and even if the refs were dicks and spotted the ball where welker landed, he landed RIGHT ON the 30. he got the first down, what belichick did wrong was NOT CHALLENGE before the 2 minute warning. they had one time out left, might as well use it, and then regain composure for the last 2 minutes and march on in with a tried-and-tested drill. ah well.

Faulk caught the ball, not Welker. He *may* have broken the plane when he caught it, but he bobbled the ball and was pushed back, landing well short of the yellow line. Belichick could not challenge because they used their last time out drawing up this play.

I blame Lawrence "stutter step and then dive into large piles of humanity" Maroney more for fumbling at the goal line. This guy can never seem to get that extra yard. He gets tripped up if someone breathes on him. Faulk would bust through walls (or spin around them) to get an inch.

FDM
11-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Faulk caught the ball, not Welker. He *may* have broken the plane when he caught it, but he bobbled the ball and was pushed back, landing well short of the yellow line. Belichick could not challenge because they used their last time out drawing up this play.

I blame Lawrence "stutter step and then dive into large piles of humanity" Maroney more for fumbling at the goal line. This guy can never seem to get that extra yard. He gets tripped up if someone breathes on him. Faulk would bust through walls (or spin around them) to get an inch.

ah, i thought saw 83, not 33. we were pretty much beside ourselves watching the last 2 minutes. maroney's fumble definitely hurt, but what was up with belichik's earlier decision to just settle for a fucking field goal and only be ahead by 6???

SweetArse
12-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Dang. Drew Brees is the Truth.

premium
12-01-2009, 06:51 AM
yeah, domination.

key_loser
01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Baltimore lost, bummer.
Vikings won, stoked.
Chargers are probably going to win, stoked.
Saints won, didn't really care about the outcome.

key_loser
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Wow, are the Chargers blowing it?

FDM
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
i have no reason to root for the AFC at this point. colts, jets, whoever wins, i couldn't give a rat's ass.

go vikings. fuck this.

wnoodle
01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Chargers, noooooo!

golivar
01-17-2010, 07:10 PM
i feel bad for tomlinson. by all accounts, he's a stand-up guy, and i think he deserves a superbowl ring. he's a future hall of famer, no doubt, but a championship would be the icing on the cake for his career. he's coming up on 10 yrs in the league, and i'm not sure he has too many left in him. seems like every season the chargers get so close to the SB, only to miss it by that much.

i do get a perverse pleasure in watching rivers lose, though. i think that guy's a little bitch. he talks so much shit during the game, and i just think that takes a lot away from his leadership.

a chargers/saints superbowl with a saints win would've been cool, though, as brees would be vindicated against the team that was too quick to get rid of him only a few years ago.

barring a miracle, i think we all know the colts are gonna destroy the jets next week, so the vikes/saints game is gonna be the one to watch. right now it seems like it could go either way. the vikings front four has the potential to really harass brees and flush him out, and he's not the best out-of-pocket qb.

joetron2030
01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Can I say that I was surprised and not surprised that the Vikings one today. I wasn't sure which team was going to show up: the one that stunk it up and lost to Carolina and Arizona or the one that manhandled Green Bay the first time.

Wondering if next week will be a shootout or a defensive grinder.

Jook Sing Vegas
01-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Glad San Diego lost, not because I'm from NYC but the SD fans in LV are so fly by night its ridiculous if a California/Arizona team is doing well they are on that bandwagon.

wnoodle
01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Wondering if next week will be a shootout or a defensive grinder.
There is one other scenario: One-sided blow out.

I'd like to see a shootout, those are always hugely entertaining.

joetron2030
01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah, there's always the one-sided blow-out. It's hard to know how either team will do since they didn't face each other during the regular season.

charlie bucket
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM
im sad dallas lost but im a big favre fan and while i wanted cowboys to win if they couldnt win i would want favre.

premium
01-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Saints will go all the way. Nobody else has their intensity.

key_loser
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
We'll know soon enough.

I haven't been paying super-close attention, but I could have sworn I heard every commentator all week yammering about how high-scoring this thing was going to be.
16-17 near the end of the 3rd quarter?

Noam Chomsky was right about sports.