PDA

View Full Version : the i'm losing my hair thread.

akuma
06-17-2004, 11:34 AM
i now officially feel old.

Denstradamus
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
is it falling in clumps or is it a few strands? i think you might be tripping bro.

akuma
06-17-2004, 11:39 AM
thank the lawd no clumps.

im starting to get the horseshoe and it's gettin a bit thin in the back. i started using rogaine.

you know me- of course im tripping...

Killjoy
06-17-2004, 11:40 AM
GLH :D

Jake
06-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Just bic it, man. Bald is in.

YelloKitty
06-17-2004, 11:41 AM
i was about to say "dont even trip" but i see yalls got that goin already.

you're handsome so... yeah

dont even trip

akuma
06-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Killjoy

:confused:

i no understand- is this the new WTF/LOL?

Killjoy
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
no, it's the spray on hair made by Ronco!

YelloKitty
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
GREAT LOOKING HAIR

akuma
06-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by YelloKitty

you're handsome

only after 4 years of hard studying under the fine tutelage of mr. prince paul and dan the automater

http://www.musicmatic.de/H/Handsom1a.jpg

YelloKitty
06-17-2004, 11:46 AM
HAHA!

akuma
06-17-2004, 11:48 AM
"they asked me to take off my top!"

man, the world needs more Chris Elliot...

slackerbot
06-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by akuma

:confused:

i no understand- is this the new WTF/LOL?
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/glhwh.htm

stinky
06-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Male Pattern Badass

juana
06-17-2004, 01:19 PM
sucker..................FULL SET OF HAIR LIEK WHAT

kyoppolife
06-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Killjoy

glh2000 was a ronco product/infomerical. it was hair in an aerosol can that you sprayed on your balding head.

it was a dope commercial, but a stupidass idea.

enjoisey
06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
http://www.commercemarketplace.com/shops/exechair/bald.gif
so your a 4 with a touch of 2?

akuma
06-17-2004, 01:58 PM
no way mr.7, i'm a 1

akuma
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
yo, it's getting bad... you can see in my peaceful sig vid :[

im only 27 goddamn it!

been using rogaine for a couple months, not doing shit. this sucks.

slackerbot
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
dude. don't worry about it. the more you try to "fix" it, the worse it looks.

just keep your hair cropped short, maybe just start shaving it. oi! oi!

and i used to work with a dude that was like Mr 3 when he hit 20. Rogaine didn't work for him either.

akuma
04-04-2005, 09:31 PM
thanks man, i hear what youre sayin

enjoisey told me to do the same thing about shaving my head. he's bald and it looks good with him but i dunno.... i did it once & my dome felt like a big teste. i dont mind being a dickhead, but a ballhead is something diff. at least i dont have any dents in my dome.

people are dying right now, i shouldnt be stressin over this.

YelloKitty
04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
man at least your dingaling works.

YelloKitty
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
that's the most important thing you know.

akuma
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
<3

YelloKitty
04-04-2005, 09:35 PM
it's the truth!

jsoy
04-04-2005, 09:42 PM
i'd shave it...i shave mine every now and then just to get mentally prepared when it all comes down...

shawgirl74
04-04-2005, 09:45 PM
hang in there! i'm sure you'll look good no matter what happens, akuma.

i feel as if i'm thinning a bit (don't know about 'balding', knock on wood) and that SUCKS, seeing as I'm a GIRL. God damn. Oh well. I have no problem shaving my head.

slackerbot
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
thanks man, i hear what youre sayin

enjoisey told me to do the same thing about shaving my head. he's bald and it looks good with him but i dunno.... i did it once & my dome felt like a big teste. i dont mind being a dickhead, but a ballhead is something diff. at least i dont have any dents in my dome.

people are dying right now, i shouldnt be stressin over this.
shaved heads are a chick magnet. i find that a lot of chicks like to rub it. :p

YelloKitty
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
that's true.

kingka
04-04-2005, 10:43 PM
welcome to my world bro. I've looked at photos of myself from just a year ago. and its still a big diff. I dont think its genetics, cause my dad didn't start to thin till his mid - late 40s... my brother is fine....for me it has everythinig to do with stress, and diet. I skip meals.. stress out and lose weight. my health is shit right not. my hair colour has changed from black to almost a medium brown. and I'm seeing greys.. and I'm only 25 dude.. hang in there. honestly, this is the kinda shit that really brings the self esteem down for guys...

but I guess it helps that I'm black, and usualy keep my hair short. I tried growin out befor, but ... uh... I don't think I'll be doin that again anytime soon.... here's something that might help...

http://www.myhairlosstreatments.com/hair-loss-help.htm

I've noticed that the more I neglect my health, the worst it looks / feels....

kingka
04-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Hair Loss Help- Supplements And Nutrition

If your hair is thinning or falling out, you're likely to seek out hair loss help in one form or another. Hormones, DHT blockers, growth stimulators, SODs and antiandrogens are medically-oriented and often effective methods of hair loss help. But is there anything you can do on a more basic level combat hair loss and even encourage hair to regrow? The answer is a resounding yes. By making a few simple changes in your life, you'll be on the way to thicker, healthier hair. Two of the major actions you take are related to nutritional supplements and herbs. Here's some information on both.

An easy first step you can take for hair loss help is to eat a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Look for foods and nutritional supplements that include biotin, silicon, copper and zinc. Also important are essential fatty acids, B-vitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin E. In addition, there are herbs that may prove beneficial. Taken together, these substances can provide an optimal environment for hair growth.

Biotin is essential for hair health and may actually help prevent hair loss. Good sources of biotin are brown rice, soy products, lentils, oats and sunflower seeds. For more hair loss help, silicon aids in hair strength. Oats, leafy green vegetables, bell peppers, soy products and brown rice are foods rich in silicon. Zinc enhances the immune function and may help your body fight off any condition that causes hair loss due to an immune reaction. Nuts and seeds contain zinc, especially pecans, peanuts and sunflower seeds. Other zinc-rich foods are fish, oysters, sardines, seafood, lima beans, mushrooms and egg yolk. Copper deficiency can cause osteoporosis, anemia and baldness. Teamed with zinc, copper may help hair to grow. Foods high in copper include barley, beans avocado, radishes, broccoli, beets, almonds and other nuts, salmon and seafood.

Essential fatty acids are needed for good hair texture and to prevent brittleness and dryness. Fish are the best sources, especially salmon. B-vitamins are important for hair growth. Many foods contain B-vitamins including eggs, whole grains, fish, tomatoes, potatoes, soybeans, dates, raisins, prunes, carrots, spinach, avocados, leafy greens and poultry. Vitamin C will aid in scalp circulation. For vitamin C, eat citrus fruits, strawberries, asparagus, avocados, pineapple, radishes, spinach, mustard greens, watercress and spinach. Like vitamin C, vitamin E helps circulation in the scalp. Foods that contain vitamin E are cold-pressed vegetable oils, dark green leafy vegetables, soybeans, sweet potatoes, watercress, dried beans and peas, and wheat germ. Hair loss help is as close as your refrigerator, if you choose foods high in these vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

Hair loss help can also come in the form of herbs. The herb horsetail is a good source of silica. Zinc can be found in chamomile, eyebright, fennel, nettle, parsley and wild yam. Many herbs contain B-vitamins including chamomile, eyebright, fennel, nettle, oat straw, parsley and peppermint. For vitamin C, look to chamomile, eyebright, fennel, nettle, oat straw, rose hips and peppermint. Herbs that contain vitamin E include flaxseed, nettle, oat straw, raspberry leaf and rose hips.

You should always see your doctor about hair loss because there might be a medical reason like diabetes or thyroid imbalance that's causing it. But hair loss help in the form of good nutrition and nutritional supplements will compliment any other treatment you may undertake.

YelloKitty
04-05-2005, 01:10 AM
hey guys, my dingaling jokes aside (which i realize was a stupid thing to say, even to make light of the situation), please don't feel bad about thinning hair. rocking a cropped or bald dome says a lot about your confidence, and ladies love that shit.

04-05-2005, 05:12 AM
yeah, but what if you don't have that confidence

and your hair falls out anyways?

it gets old wearing a hat everyday.

04-05-2005, 05:18 AM
i'm a 3A

did the rogaine do anything akuma?

ja.net
04-05-2005, 07:22 AM
http://sauvequipeut.org/uploads/grantmorrisonsm.jpg

Bald is sexy as hell, believe it. Check out the shine on that chrome.

Iago
04-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Suits him well.

04-05-2005, 07:34 AM
his fly is open...

akuma
04-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by atomiclotusbox
did the rogaine do anything akuma?

cost me money; 'bout it

janet> rad pic, dude looks like a young HST

akuma
04-05-2005, 07:40 AM
speaking of which .. .

http://www.nndb.com/people/312/000022246/hst03.jpg

akuma
04-05-2005, 07:47 AM
hey guys, my dingaling jokes aside (which i realize was a stupid thing to say, even to make light of the situation)

there is nothing stupid about a healthy & functioning stalk

please don't feel bad about thinning hair. rocking a cropped or bald dome says a lot about your confidence, and ladies love that shit.

cool, thanks. and it's not so much that i feel bad about it but i think it has more to deal with it being a physically obvious reminder that im getting old. it somehow insinuates im supposed to be an adult (i.e. live according to a whole diff set of rules) and start *gulp* growing up

Zaius
04-05-2005, 07:49 AM
shave, pre-emptive strike.

ja.net
04-05-2005, 08:01 AM

i think it has more to do with it being a physically obvious reminder that im getting old. it somehow insinuates im supposed to be an adult (i.e. live according to a whole diff set of rules) and start *gulp* growing up

I don't know if helps, but getting older is not really a bad thing. The older you get, the better you know your way around the world, the more friends of all ages you have who teach you about cool music & art, the better you are in bed, the more you've practised your artistic skills, the longer you've loved your friends and family -- it's great having all the energy & inventiveness of youth, but a lot of young people are also broke, confused, dependent on their families, and so forth.

From what I know about you, it's highly doubtful that you'll lose any of your energy or passion, to use a kind of icky word.

I don't know, I'm weird. I really love my grey hair.

Zaius
04-05-2005, 08:05 AM
yeah, obvious signs of maturity are probably a good thing. I just turned 40 and most people think i'm in my 20's. I think it's contributed to my extended bachelorhood. My mom's still waiting on the whole Marriage and Kids thing.....I think she's getting impatient.

Grey rocks, I went grey in my early 20's.

akuma
04-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ja.net

I don't know if helps, but getting older is not really a bad thing. The older you get, the better you know your way around the world, the more friends of all ages you have who teach you about cool music & art, the better you are in bed, the more you've practised your artistic skills, the longer you've loved your friends and family -- it's great having all the energy & inventiveness of youth, but a lot of young people are also broke, confused, dependent on their families, and so forth.

From what I know about you, it's highly doubtful that you'll lose any of your energy or passion, to use a kind of icky word.

I don't know, I'm weird. I really love my grey hair.

nice words, thanks for reminding me of things i often take for granted and lose sight of cause i can get so caught up in the now. i remember you posting a while ago of how you didnt start really enjoying/loving life until you hit 30. i think of that often when i start bumming out on getting older.

and i agree grey is good! i started going grey in my late-teens and have so much now i have a salt n pepper thing going on that i kind of like.

04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
This is one of my greatest fears.
Is your grandfather on your mothers side bald? If he is...well...you're SOL.

-m

akuma
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
he died when my mother was 16 so i dont know but i do know im losing my domal astroturf something fierce. im going out tonight with a hairdresser... ha!

akuma
04-11-2005, 10:14 PM
took yall advice and shaved the head

feels good, might just keep this up for a while

http://est00.com/PIX/shaved.jpg

slackerbot
04-11-2005, 10:44 PM
looks good. you've got the perfect hairline for a shaved head. i've got a widow's peak, so i got the Eddie Munster thing goin' on. :(

Liver_on_a_Stick
04-12-2005, 06:02 AM
I think my hair is slowly coming out. It's not going to get pretty...

jsoy
04-12-2005, 07:37 AM
i think while you have a shaved head you should grow a beard..it's sick having the same length beard and hair...

akuma
04-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by jsoy
i think while you have a shaved head you should grow a beard..it's sick having the same length beard and hair...

http://www.joelcomm.com/archives/hairyguy.jpg

akuma
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
wade boggs is crackin me up!

kid_robotron
08-11-2005, 11:18 AM
It happens to us all. I turned 30 last year and I do notice that my hair is a little thinner than it was. All my male relatives still have hair though, it just goes grey before they hit 40. I guess that's what in store for me, and I am not bothered in the slightest. I'll just get a velvet-collared crombie, switch to smoking cigars and play up to that 'distinguished Brit' thing.

kid_robotron
08-11-2005, 11:33 AM
It helps that I have been shaving my head for 10 years now, and can't remember what it was like to have hair longer than half an inch at the most.

kid_robotron
08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I've seen people I went to school with rocking the comb-over. Things could be a lot worse.

shampoo
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
bald/shaved is good. end of story.

BAOH
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
i dunno......if you're like me, a child born unto the 70's? skin capping it isn't an option....(read: el vacuum)...i'm pretty sure i got all sorts of klingon war bumps on my cabeza.....

herrokitty
08-11-2005, 12:51 PM
It used to be :

black guy with shaved head = hard
white guy with shaved head = cancer?

not so much anymore.

I think I've got a receding hairline in progress.

650lex
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
bald/shaved = SEXY!

BAOH
08-11-2005, 12:55 PM
if my hair gets drafted into the hair fairy army?

shit: no one home in the front.....parrrtay in the back.

the male pattern moo-lay....

have all the ladies sayin:

"i wanna rock wicha..............alllll night."

BAOH
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
http://lygo.com/ly/wg/e/ss/simpson28.jpg

akuma
08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by herrokitty

black guy with shaved head = hard
white guy with shaved head = cancer?

http://www.kinomaniak.pl/news/photo/0416.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/secret_shots/images/20040407_michael_stipe.jpg

650lex
08-11-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/ER/images/imgs_bio/anthony_edwards.jpg

he can take my temperature anytime!

slackerbot
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Make it so, Number One.

http://www.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/ac/200px-Picard1.jpg

shampoo
08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
ah jean luc! *swoon*

650lex
08-11-2005, 02:12 PM
merci Jean-Luc!
He's the reason I fancy bald men!

BAOH
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
i call "bullshit".

=)

it took goose and picard about 5 seasons a piece to get a following....

doods at the club don't have nearly that amount of time for some playage.

650lex
08-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BAOH
i call "bullshit".

=)

it took goose and picard about 5 seasons a piece to get a following....

doods at the club don't have nearly that amount of time for some playage.

dude the best part of this response
is you called Anthony Edwards "GOOSE!"

"talk to me GOOSE..."

35ft6
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 650lex
merci Jean-Luc!
He's the reason I fancy bald men! I saw him on the elevator once in college. He was in a play in NYC at the time. He's pretty small. He had a bit of hair growing, he was wearing a baseball cap, and I said "hey, you have hair." He just looked at me, almost like he was a scared old person, and said, in that unmistakable accent, "well, that's a strange thing to say." And then he got off the elevator.

650lex
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 35ft6
I saw him on the elevator once in college. He was in a play in NYC at the time. He's pretty small. He had a bit of hair growing, he was wearing a baseball cap, and I said "hey, you have hair." He just looked at me, almost like he was a scared old person, and said, in that unmistakable accent, "well, that's a strange thing to say." And then he got off the elevator.

that's the best celebrity siting story so far!

ocd
08-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I saw him on the elevator once in college. He was in a play in NYC at the time. He's pretty small. He had a bit of hair growing, he was wearing a baseball cap, and I said "hey, you have hair." He just looked at me, almost like he was a scared old person, and said, in that unmistakable accent, "well, that's a strange thing to say." And then he got off the elevator. That's fucking awesome.

35ft6
08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
^ I thought "that's no way for a captain of a starship to act." Like a little wussy boy.

(>_<)
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
well it IS a strange thing to say.

35ft6
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Not to somebody who's famous for being bald.

(>_<)
08-11-2005, 03:48 PM
i guess. but i still think it was an appropriate response. just because he's famous doesn't give other people license to make wierd outbursts without some kind of reaction.

35ft6
08-11-2005, 03:50 PM
^ True. He can react however he wants, but I thought it was a strange reaction. If I saw Richard Simmons on an elevator and I said to him, in a friendly way, "hey, you're wearing jeans." If I said that, I would think it sort of strange if he really didn't understand why a person might say that to him.

650lex
08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
^ "hey, you're wearing jeans."

i've yet to see that!

kingka
08-11-2005, 04:38 PM
this thread is depressing...

kid_robotron
08-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Perhaps if my hairline recedes a bit more I could grow it out and sport a Sean Connery circa '60's Bond films style. I'd like that.

frogbelly
08-12-2005, 06:58 AM
http://photos23.flickr.com/33406354_c773ef34f6_o.jpg

Here's me playing grabass with my buddy Bob Mould. Note the matching lack thereof haircuts.
And yes that furry hood trim was actually made of Vanessa Paradis' armpit clippings.

charlos3000
08-12-2005, 07:17 AM
^ True. He can react however he wants, but I thought it was a strange reaction. If I saw Richard Simmons on an elevator and I said to him, in a friendly way, "hey, you're wearing jeans." If I said that, I would think it sort of strange if he really didn't understand why a person might say that to him.

you're really obsessed with richard simmons these days...

hmmmm

shawgirl74
08-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by frogbelly
http://photos23.flickr.com/33406354_c773ef34f6_o.jpg

Here's me playing grabass with my buddy Bob Mould. Note the matching lack thereof haircuts.
And yes that furry hood trim was actually made of Vanessa Paradis' armpit clippings.

Frogbelly, it's so good to see you!!! Everytime I put in a Circle Jerks CD I still think of you and your sister!

Looking good!

trex
08-15-2005, 05:38 PM
i now officially feel old.

me too monkey

but just rember...you're italiahno...u have enough hair from your sweater to transplant...me i got nothing ovah heah jerry...nothin!
http://www.planetch.com/archives/LifeinReverse.jpg

35ft6
08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
One thing I'll never have to worry about is losing hair. Sooner or later, I'll have to cut my hair I figure if only to try something new. I hope my heads not all deformed.

trex
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
i have a big mole on the back of my head. one time i was shaving my head and the cheap bear groomer i was using broke halfway through. so i went to super-(cheap)cuts. and the chick didn't notice the quarter size mole and shanked right into it...must looked funny to the waiting customers as i was bleeding and laughing...
after that i spent 40 bucks an a decent set of clipers
snip snip
next.

akuma
08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by trex
bleeding and laughing...

http://groundscore.net/board/images/smiles/skullslay.gif

haha, nice one t