PDA

View Full Version : Movies that are TrainWrecks

fmstlr
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Name the worst movies and tell us why.

(not the kind of bad movies that are so bad they're good.)

balina
03-07-2005, 09:16 AM
leornard part 6

saw it when I was a kid so it was kind of trumatic something about bill cosby and an ostrich I think,I dont know if thats how they pitched it but thats what I remember..

FDM
03-07-2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/issues/v101/sp/n147/pix/cosby.small.jpg
skraight gank$ta.

feralmuppet
03-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I fell asleep trying to watch the Chronicles of Riddick last week. I had trouble understanding major parts of the story. For example, what the hell are the Necromongers? Are they reanimated corpses? Brainwashed humans? What exactly was Judy Dench's character supposed to be? Why are elementals neutral? To make matters worse, I couldn't understand a damn thing that Diesel said. His voice is so low and gravely, that it came out sounding like a monotone, incomprehensible rumble. They should have gien him subtitles. The warden at the jail cell had some kind of accent, too. I gave up trying to watch this movie after the scene in the prison where Riddick tames that mountain lion creature because the creature senses and respects Riddick's bad ass attitude. (Gawd, that was cheezey.) FOUR THUMBS DOWN!

akuma
03-07-2005, 11:05 AM
it had potential, but it turned out to be yet another big & stinky pile of pretentious holllywood ponycrap

http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/ai/wallpapers/A.I_Wallpaper_640.jpg

ocd
03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Gotta love the logo, though.

"I wonder who dropped this grapefruit?"

angoraphobia
03-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Bio-Dome, yes I watched it. SHUT UP!

ocd
03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
All right, buuuuuuuuuuuddy.

:D

FDM
03-07-2005, 01:25 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000WN0UU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the late john ritter, michael richards and gilbert godfried all in the same film?? HOW COULD IT GO WRONG?!!?!

YelloKitty
03-07-2005, 01:49 PM
barbershop 2... nice abrupt ending there!

ohsoquiet
03-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Wicker Park - Why, jebus, why? The stupidity in that movie left me angry and offended...and I saw it for FREE! It would have been over in 5 minutes if just ONE goddamn character had a cell phone. Four people in 2004 and none of them owned a cell phone?! They couldn't even borrow one?

And whoever was responsible for music supervision should be shot for their gratuitous use of Coldplay's "The Scientist".

FDM
03-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ohsoquiet
Wicker Park - Why, jebus, why? The stupidity in that movie left me angry and offended...and I saw it for FREE! It would have been over in 5 minutes if just ONE goddamn character had a cell phone. Four people in 2004 and none of them owned a cell phone?! They couldn't even borrow one?

half the episodes of seinfeld wouldn't exist if the writers used this logic.

ohsoquiet
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but Seinfeld's a comedy. The folks that made Wicker Park actually want you to take that shit seriously.

Asharak
03-07-2005, 02:26 PM
The Art of War
Batman & Robin
Daylight
Eyes Wide Shut
Father's Day
Heaven's Gate
Higher Learning
Highlander 2
The Jerky Boys
On Deadly Ground
Spawn
Waterworld

l-train8
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Adam Sandler's Mr. Deeds. I watched the first 45 minutes of this movie and didn't laugh once. There was just nothing funny. A big joke was that Deeds was just so down to earth that inheriting 40 billion dollars doesn't faze him at all. He just acts like that sort of thing happens to him all the time. It really wasn't a very believable premise for a joke, and, worse, it just wasn't funny. This movie wasn't horrible. It was just really, really boring.

ohsoquiet
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
You Got Served - And I totally thought it was going to be bad-funny

ja.net
03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Noooo! Don't tell me that -- I still was hoping to see You Got Served and seem some fancy dancin

Eric Nakamura
03-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Stoned Age (did anyone see this?)
Glory Daze (ben affleck is in this)

Anyone see either? They're both kind of similar. They get the one star rating, but for some reason, I liked the movies.

fmstlr
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM
I was once stuck on a plane with the inflight movie "harry and the Hendersons".

I prayed for a nose dive into the Rockies.

ocd
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by fmstlr
I was once stuck on a plane with the inflight movie "harry and the Hendersons".

I prayed for a nose dive into the Rockies. I've seen this more times than I can count. It was my little sister's (six years younger than me) favorite movie. It's where she learned the word "bitch" if I remember right!

montyburnz
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by l-train8
Adam Sandler's Mr. Deeds. I watched the first 45 minutes of this movie and didn't last once. There was just nothing funny. A big joke was that Deeds was just so down to earth that inheriting 40 billion dollars doesn't faze him at all. He just acts like that sort of thing happens to him all the time. It really wasn't a very believable premise for a joke, and, worse, it just wasn't funny. This movie wasn't horrible. It was just really, really boring.

Adam Sandler's Water Boy . Never laughed but I did chuckle once.

hippyjonny
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
saw stoned age, thought there would be more boobies but no.

worst movie i can think of is raising cain.

GONG_LORD
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Cabin Boy

Robocon^^
03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Wicker Park - Why, jebus, why? The stupidity in that movie left me angry and offended...and I saw it for FREE!

On the subject of free films that sucked...I saw COOL WORLD with a friend who got tickets from her mom at the radio station. So bad...

ironmonqui
03-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by GONG_LORD
Cabin Boy t was as though Letterman's "emoting" was transmitting a message to the audience: "Yes! This movie REALLY DOES SUCK. Half the budget was *wasted* ...on ME!!! Hollywood: steaming pile of horse diarrhea!! YAY!!!"

what's that called when you can beam a message into someone else's head?

FDM
03-08-2005, 06:56 AM
wanna buy a monkey?

fmstlr
03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
this looks like a trainwreck 4 shore (http://www.kungphooey.com/)

and I don't plan on seeing it either.

itR
03-08-2005, 08:28 PM
wtf

BOON
03-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Magnolia has been the only movie ive walked out on to date. Some good shit in there but it just got too annoying so I just took an early exit about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way thru I think so when people were asking me about the frogs later I was like what the fuck?!?!?

slackerbot
03-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Surf Nazis Must Die -- boring, and really bad.

Toxic Avenger -- fell asleep because it sucked so much.

Romeo + Juliet -- i don;t want to see an MTV style adaptation of Shakespeare. and i really don;t want to see Dicapprio and Leguezamo in any movie.

?? -- it was a "documentary" on the Tupac and Biggie shootings. forgot the title. the guy that made it tried to copy Moore's satirical style of documentary film making. but he failed miserably.

Hudson Hawk -- i have no idea what this was about.

Teen Wolf -- it's too ridiculous.

Collateral Damage -- i really wanted to like this movie. but it was actually boring compared to Arnold's other movies. actually, it seemed more like a copy/paste of his previous movies. and other movies.

Deep Impact -- i really thought this movie was poorly made. the story was weak, the characerters were uninteresting, and the only thing i remembered from this movie was all the product placements. yes, it was that obvious. Aramageddon was much better in comparison.

Serendipity -- i'm sure a lot of people will disagree with this one. but i thought the dialogue was too pretentious. and the story didn't quite mesh. it was like a botched up attempt to create a teeny bopper brat pack style movie, but for pseudo intellectual adults.

Friday: Part 2 and Part 3 -- the first one was great. but Part 2 and Part 3 was totally unnecessary. Ice Cube must be hard up for money.

Torque -- speaking of Ice Cube, he was in this one too. ok, i have to admit that i haven't seen this one. but from what i've heard/read, all of the stunts and chase scenes were computer generated. boo.

Analyze This -- i seem to be the only one that truly hated this movie. it was so stupid. and De Niro was a bad choice for the role. he wasn't really believable as a neurotic gangster. De Niro and comedy should not be in the same context. ever.

Cable Guy -- Carey was a bad choice for this movie. it was like watching Ace Ventura Pet Detective/Cable Installer. i think this movie was supposed to be a dark comedy. but Carey's slap stick style comedy acting really killed it.

grandma tran
05-17-2005, 04:00 AM

And whoever was responsible for music supervision should be shot for their gratuitous use of Coldplay's "The Scientist".

dayam! am i the only person who liked this movie? (a lot??) :(

SDP
05-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Breakfast of Champions - why, why, why?

mwt.
05-17-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Su_dong_po
Breakfast of Champions - why, why, why?

...and while we're on the subject of awesome books that should never have made it past the "planning stages" of a movie because the words were never meant to leave the pages of the book:

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues - why, why, why?

Fun=Fun
05-17-2005, 10:56 AM
AI-total trainwreck

Joe Dirt- I know it's supposed to be "bad" but it was painful to watch

Tomcats

Alexander

FDM
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Bad Boys II - oh man, wtf. at least the first bad boys had some semblance of a linear plot and logic.

Van Helsing.

pkittie
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
How is it that nobody has mentioned the bloated epic of trainwrecks, "Batman & Robin"??

I rented this from the library, and could not finish it (I stuck around-it was agonizing-until Uma showed up). Blerg.

Van Helsing was so bad, I could not remember that I actually saw it for the 4 months after seeing it (I was trying to tell my friend of this colossal piece of crap that I saw, and I couldn't recall it).

BAOH
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
http://www.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/5/1475-large.jpg

nuff said.

wildseven
05-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Batman and Robin was horrid yet had the sting of truthfulness that all other batman movies lack. It found the flaming gay streak buried in the batman mythology and made it the epicenter of the batman universe. Fanboys recoiled from the truth. They will get all misty eyed for the unconsciously gay comic book movies like Blade Trinity and Shit City and Batman Begins that sell a fantasy of macho overcoming yet let the gayness lurk in coded form. Joel Schumacher is a good director for revealing embarassing character traits. Batman is the gayest comic book character-- jeez look at his costume- black leather, rubber, hoods, furry animals, jackboots. People would rather delete the message and shoot the director than deal.

FDM
05-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by wildseven
Joel Schumacher is a good director for revealing embarassing character traits.

http://www.freewebz.com/thelostboys/the%20lost%20boys.jpg
"truth.......justice............and the american way."

Asharak
05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Batman is the gayest comic book character-- jeez look at his costume- black leather, rubber, hoods, furry animals, jackboots.

I thought Spider-Man was the gayest comic book character.

Jook Sing Vegas
05-19-2005, 06:50 PM
coyote ugly - total POS a few bits of T&A would have worked as an afterschool special to follow your dreams.

the day after tomorrow - Do natural disaters always hit landmarks?

FDM
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
^ how bout when they outran the cold?

SCIENCE FICTION!? MOAR LYKE SCIENCE FAKT!!!111

pkittie
05-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Batman is the gayest comic book character-- jeez look at his costume- black leather, rubber, hoods, furry animals, jackboots.

Since when is fetish wear only limited to gays? It's merely BDSM wear.

Now brightly colored lycra unitards...

stinky
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
gigli
i totally blocked out of my mind that i actually sat through this film. i must of been really wasted.