PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Erasure Songs

Thirty Nine
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
The theory must be known amongst Asian Americans that they all grow up listening to this great band. Vince Clarke`s an extension of the electronic music tradition, one of the pop ones, from DM, Yaz, Erasure. He`s like a Dave Hillyard you know.

1.A Little Respect

2.Oh L`Amour

3.It Doesn`t Have To Be

4.Ship Of Fools

5.Always.

randall fairbrook
08-16-2006, 05:15 PM
sometimes

she won't be home

drama!

chains of love

take a chance on me (abba cover)

Thirty Nine
08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Abba Esque EP is one of the best ever, went to see them a few times down at The Wiltern--ten nights they did. Lots of leather daddies and camp...great gig.

randall fairbrook
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
i saw them at the wiltern twice..yes..good show

noeruna
08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh, L'Amour
My Heart....So Blue
A Little Respect
Chains of Love
Weight of the World

Honorable mentions: Victim of Love, Phantom Bride, & Love is a Loser.

fmstlr
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I broke up with a girl in the middle of a Erasure show at the Wiltern. :(

bad flash back.

it wasn't going to work anyway, I just wish I didn't have to miss the second half of the show.

Thirty Nine
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
That same tour, the one promoting Abba Esque in 1992? What happened, it wasn`t anything related to the music right? Sorry bout that

There`s was one "intermission" period during that tour (sponsored by Pioneer), the second half started with a Swan Lake theme and culminated with the duo in drag...if I recall, they did some cowboy shit in the vein of "Good Bad And The Ugly", which reminds me of the Erasure in-store I went to at SF/Virgin, for their "Cowboy" LP...

Thirty Nine
08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Phantom Bride, what a great song. Strip that down and you still got so many good ones...that whole "Innocents" period was probably their peak, ending with the "Chorus" LP in `90.

I think "The Innocents" is my favorite one, had that on cassette. They should do reissues and give em a deluxe treatment soon enough.

Jesoy
08-16-2006, 09:05 PM
i never dug abbaesque....to me they didn't add enough to the song.....i dunno if you can make the comparision but jimmy sommerville doing 'don't leave me this way' blows it out of the water.....eugh....o.k..i gotta quit talking about this shit....

Thirty Nine
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Yah, it`s only four songs, an EP, less than what The Byrds did with Dylan songs....

shammy718
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
love them. caught them at the grove in anaheim. here are my five:

crackers international
a little respect
chorus
i love saturday
grace

Thirty Nine
08-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Wow, they played Anaheim!

Crackers International EP, Christmas `88? "Stop", brilliant song, I think a trancey mix of "I Love Saturday" was something I really liked...