PDA

View Full Version : dumb things you have done that seemed logical at the time.

Zaius
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I feel like I may have created a thread like this before but...oh well.

I just unplugged my shuffle from the back of my PC and was trying to test it to see if it was playing properly. I didn't have the headphones plugged in but I turned it on to see the power light was green.

Then I briefly put it it up to my ear as if I might be able to hear it faintly through the headphone jack hole.

it was a brief flash of an instant between trying it and thinking "what the fuck am I doing?" but it seemed like the logical thing to do in that moment.

any stories you want to share?

Iago
06-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Well... let's see know... I got really drunk... and slept with a girl. It seemed pretty damn logical at the time.

fmstlr
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I went bungee jumping at a state fair, run by carnies

mwt.
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
One time, I got my hair cut so short that you could see the mole that's usually hidden. I'd forgotten it was even there. So, knowing nothing about moles, I took an exacto knife to it and try to cut it off. My head bled like a motherfucker and wouldnt' stop.

SDP
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I once gargled with grain alcohol to try to cure a sore throat. It was, well, agonizing might be the right word.

herrokitty
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mwt.
One time, I got my hair cut so short that you could see the mole that's usually hidden. I'd forgotten it was even there. So, knowing nothing about moles, I took an exacto knife to it and try to cut it off. My head bled like a motherfucker and wouldnt' stop.
hahaaa

ocd
06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SDP
I once gargled with grain alcohol to try to cure a sore throat. It was, well, agonizing might be the right word. http://h1.ripway.com/Dallas/-Dallas-/The_More_You_Know2.jpg

angoraphobia
06-06-2007, 02:50 PM
you know how your mom is always telling you not to pick up hitchhikers? Yeah well I was finally living on my own (at 21) and thought that hitchhikers probably weren't as bad as my mom made them out to seem. I was in Olivehurst, CA (which oddly enough houses a healthy hmong and white trash population) and I saw this young lady (late 20's) thumbing it on the main road and thought, why not. So I pull over and she calls her guy friend over who was on the other side of the road.....FUCK ME. I didn't want to seem like a jerk so I unlock my doors and let them in. First off they reeked like scummy, drug addled white trash (the smell of unwashed clothes, cigarettes, booze, alkaline seeping out of their pores). And the minute they got in the car I felt instantaneous regret. I decided to lie and tell them I was only going down the street at which point they asked if I had a few dollars as they need gas/food/whatevs. I said no and and the toothless, mulleted dude says, "well do you at least have some gum???" and I said, "no" and what followed was one of the longest awkward silent/stinky 5 minutes of my life. I pulled in to the closest gas station and told them that that was as far as I was taking them. My heart was beating fast and the scabby chick said, "thanks for nothing."

mom was soooo right.

l-train8
06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
So I lived on this second story apartment and I was moving. I had this big-ass Ikea bookshelf that I had assembled in the apartment. There was no way to take the thing apart without destroying it, and no way to get it down the stairwell.

My father-in-law and I decided we could lower it down from the balcony. This was mistake number one. We should've gotten some more help first. So we got it over the railing and we lowered it down as far as we could. Well, it was too far off the ground to drop and too heavy for us to pull back up, especially with the way we were leaning over the rail with our arms stretched out and we couldn't get any leverage.

In retrospect, probably one of us could have held it while the other ran downstairs and guided it down onto a big bush that would've cushioned its fall, but maybe by this point we were already doomed. What we came up with was that maybe we could swing it over to the bush and drop it.

The thing softly bounced onto the bush, then slowly fell forward onto the pavement of the parking lot, breaking into a dozen chunks of particle board.

IslanderSteve
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
^
You had me lol-ed at "lower it down from the balcony."

tangent23
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
i think i told this story before:

my wife [newish girlfriend at the time] and i were having an argument in the car, she decided that she wasn't going to take me were i wanted to go, and wouldn't stop to let me off..

i had taken a lot of meth and so the only logical solution to my dilemma was to jump out of the car.

i rolled on the ground and scraped my head pretty bad. she actually sped up while the door was open!

anyway, she said after that the only reason she stopped was to close the door, but then she heard me moaning like an injured animal and she came back and took me to hospital.

we told her family i had 'slipped' on some rocks, and my family didn't find out for weeks cause i developed a sudden liking for 'hats' around the house.

kids: don't do meth, it seriously f^ks ur judgment.

'jim
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Pretty much my entire life up to this point.

Altho when I say "this point"...there's really no end in sight.

wnoodle
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I got engaged.

Asharak
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Getting three credit cards.

atomicscissors
06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Got drunk at a bowling alley, wanted to give my girlfriend some lovin', hopped in the car, got lost in Garden Grove, smacked a curb, and almost ran over 3 construction workers.

kamenriderv3
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by wnoodle
I got engaged.

!

i actually meant, !!!!!!

randall fairbrook
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
and how is that wrong?...the being in garden grove part?

esswhykay
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Started posting on the lounge.

Spiderman
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Iago
Well... let's see know... I got really drunk... and slept with a girl. It seemed pretty damn logical at the time.

I don't believe this for one second.

- spidey

herrokitty
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by wnoodle
I got engaged.
wait what?

herrokitty
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Iago
i hear that, brah.
*hi five*

wnoodle
06-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by herrokitty
wait what?
To satisfy both yours and v3's surprise at my revelation, it happened about seven years ago after a two year long relationship, we broke it off about 8-ish months later. Seemed like a good idea at the time :\

angoraphobia
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
dressed goth and then went to the mall and shopped at the gap. and i wasn't being ironic.