View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to 35ft6
^ Come on guys, lets push each other! Evidently, self motivation doesn't work for me any more.
Quote:
Originally posted by shawgirl74
35ft6 and I have been talking about starting a thread like this for weeks, but haven't taken the initiative to. I'm currently in training for soccer season (which sounds more official than it really is) and so I've been training hard and eating only things that will help me not hurt me, with even more serious diet restrictions beginning mid-February. I've had a 15 lbs weight loss in 3 weeks (healthy) and feel wonderful and I'm looking like a real beauty too. By April? I'll be unrecognizable, in a good way.
That's awesome. Don't stop. I know they say 2 pounds a week is the safe way, but I actually think they're erring way on the side of caution. I was watching Biggest Loser last night, and one guy lost 12 pounds in one week and those contestants are constantly being monitored by trainers and doctors. Granted, this dude had a LOT of weight to lose. That show is pretty inspiring because people are always talking about your metabolism slows down around your early thirties, these people are in their 30's and 40's and they lose weight just fine.

My biggest problem is that I "reward" myself for good behavior these days, which negates the good behavior and then some. If I could cut that out and eating in the middle of my sleep, I'd be golden.

My treadmill has turned out to be a good investment. I've been running about 4 times a week, recently upped the time to 35 minutes a session running most of it at 6.2 mph. Fighting boredom and mental restlessness is the biggest problem. My body is actually handling it surprisingly well.

Last edited by 35ft6; 12-07-2006 at 04:20 PM.