Robot Lounge  

GR FACTORY BREAKROOM |  GHETTO BLASTER |  THE BIG SHOW |  GASTRONOMICS |  GEOGRAPHICA |  SKETCHBOOK |  THE GOODS
Go Back   Robot Lounge > GR FACTORY BREAKROOM

Old 09-11-2001, 05:24 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to neku74 Send a message via Yahoo to neku74
jesus christ. i was on my way into the building today and someone was pointing down 5th avenue. so i looked up and saw the wtc engulfed in smoke. don't know the whole story, but apparently it was a terrorist act, a plane (or 2 planes) was hijacked and crashed right into the building.
does anyone know any loungers that work at the wtc? people outside are in tears or rushing frantically to reach loved ones working there.
hope that all you loungers and your loved ones are safe.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:40 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to kid_robotron
Just saw the live pictures on BBC news. Hope all the NY robots are safe and sound. It must come as a great shock to all u guys in America, If it was a deliberate act of terrorism I bet George W will go all out to catch em.

Be safe y'all
Old 09-11-2001, 05:45 AM
Senior Robot

thanks shaw & kid. i'm okay, but i'm just calling around and panicking a bit cuz i don't know exactly where all of my friends work. one i can't get in touch with but i can't remember if he works at wtc or not, but that doesn't mean anything happened to him. a lot of people here at my work have family and friends that work there, so its just chaos.

but i'm alright. apparently they have spotted a third plane and everyone is scared shitless here. i don't know if i should stay here or try to go home to brooklyn. they may shut down all public transportation.

holy shit, now someone just said that the pentagon just went up in flames, as well as some other govt building. what the hell is going on????????
Old 09-11-2001, 05:55 AM
Senior Robot

okay, now they have just shut down all public transportation. no one can come in, no one can get out of the city. and now they have those reports of a third plane. i feel like a sitting duck. no one is working, we're all just sitting around the tv since we can't fucking go home.
what the fuuuuuuuucccckkk?????
Old 09-11-2001, 05:56 AM
Senior Robot

HOLY FUCK, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!
This is surreal. Anyone in a landmark building right now, around the country, you better go home. Sears Tower has been evacuated.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:07 AM
Robot

one more explosion and only 1 twin tower left

i just heard that 8 planes are missing and one of the towers has just collapsed.
who is doing this...any why?
i feel like crying , it must be pandemonium for all the people in there.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:18 AM
Senior Robot

i didn't hear about the 8 planes. but the 2nd plane that crashed was caught on camera and happened about 10 min after the 1st. and that plane crashed into the middle of the 2nd twin tower, weakening the entire structure and eventually causing it to collapse. people had not been completely evacuated either.

we can't even evacuate here - i don't know which is scarier being stuck in the middle of an nyc stampede or sitting here waiting for the next plane. but i work right near the empire state building + rockefeller center.

also, i heard that a plane was intercepted in brooklyn, not far from where i live.

Old 09-11-2001, 06:19 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to jen_er_ator
it's so surreal to watch the footage of the plane crashing into the wtc. it's strange how they can just show people die like that and only report what type of plane it was and where it was coming from and going to.

people in government take this shit too lightly. they were reporting how there was no indication that the u.s. would have been a target, only places over seas. like it doesn't matter who will be attacked, as long as it's not "us." fuck this "us" shit...it has to be the whole world united, not just an arrogant united states.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:21 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to jen_er_ator
oh yeah....i hope all you nyc peeps are safe and well. i'm not a praying type, but my prayers are with you.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:34 AM
Robot

i hope all you usa people are safe and well, i cant imagine what its like for you guys.
i sitting here shaking
Old 09-11-2001, 06:34 AM
Senior Robot

Well, I'm watching the news right now, and if I'm not mistaken it looks like both buildings have collapsed. Shit, it seems as if I've been watching a movie for the past hour, but sadly, this is for real.
I hope you New Yorker loungers are alright.

[Edited by Waco Jesus on 09-11-2001 at 07:36 AM]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:36 AM
Robot

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Van
Love from Melbourne, hope everyone is ok..
Old 09-11-2001, 06:37 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to kid_robotron
It just keeps getting worse.
Its nothing strange for terrorists to attack significant buildings etc in the UK, we've been dealing with it for 30 years. But I've never seen anything of this magnitude. Apparently impromptu celebrations in Palestine, ppl firing guns in the air.

This is serious global shit.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:53 AM
Senior Robot

Airspace in all major cities closed. military jets on patrol. another plane went down near pittsburg. all international flights into us, diverted to cananda. we need to bomb somebody... NOW.

hope all you nyc robots are okay
Old 09-11-2001, 07:02 AM
Senior Robot

I can't get my mind around it.