Robot Lounge  

GR FACTORY BREAKROOM |  GHETTO BLASTER |  THE BIG SHOW |  GASTRONOMICS |  GEOGRAPHICA |  SKETCHBOOK |  THE GOODS
Go Back   Robot Lounge > THE BIG SHOW

Old 04-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Senior Robot

Charlotte Sometimes Release Dates

Hello. Now that I am an official member of this forum, I just wanted to take the time to announce the dates and locations of CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES as the release is only weeks away.

Here they are:

CHICAGO - MAY 2nd - WATER TOWERS

SAN JOSE - MAY 9th - CAMERA CINEMAS

SAN FRANCISCO - MAY 9th - GALAXY THEATER

BERKELEY - MAY 16th - THE OAKS

If the screenings are successful, other planned cities are: MIAMI, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON DC, LOS ANGELES (JUNE), NEW YORK (JULY), HONOLULU (JULY)

At the moment, the San Francisco Premeire might be some kind of grand affair, and some of us might be there, or some of us might be at the San Jose Premiere on the same night, if that gives you extra incentive.

This year has become an important year for Asian American film and Asian Americans in film. I still think it sucks that Asian American film is considered a separate entity, because to me film is film, movies are movies blah blah blah, but I won't get into that.

CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES has had success speaking only for itself, and by offering only what it offers: cinema. It's the little film that could. If you've seen my homie Justin Lin's Better Luck Tomorrow, its interesting how these two films differ in approach and attitude, you really can't compare them, but the success in the market place is as equally important in terms of the bigger picture: the future.

Please come out and support it if you have the time. I'll be checking the post if you have inquiries............

thank you,
michael idemoto

Giant Robot Softball 1-1
Old 04-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Senior Robot

Thanks for the support. Yes, I am Eric's cousin, we are blood, if I were a girl we couldn't have normal kids together.

Oh yeah one more thing, for information and stuff:

http://www.charlottesometimesthemovie.com/
Old 04-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Senior Robot

i saw the trailer for it while watching BLT. i am somewhat confused of the characters relationships, but i guess thats why i have to watch the movie? looks intresting.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Voltron Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Ryan
support this movie so i can watch it when it comes to NY..

please.

*salutes*
Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Senior Robot

sweeeet i'm talking to eric byler tomorrow for an interview. michael, is it alright if i email you?
Old 04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Senior Robot

lynrei - Yeah, I can see how the trailor might confuse people about the character relationships. Eric Byler, the director, chose not to define the charaters with titles like Better Luck. haha....

Ryan - Good point, the cities that are currently planned for release are not definite. Unfortunately money talks and bullshit walks.

Miss YelloKitty - I am waiting for your email. Anytime.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Senior Robot

y'alls better watch this when it comes out. you know what i loved about this film is that they had prollengs and it wasn't cus they were asian. they were just troubled folks, albeit pretty hott. so go and support when it comes to your town! /endcheerleading
Old 04-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Senior Robot

Thanks for the shout Miss YelloKitty, glad you enjoyed it...
Old 04-18-2003, 12:42 PM
Junior Robot

hi. i was encouraged to join this forum by michael to chat more with people who are interested in watching charlotte. thanks for your interest, and i hope that when and if you do get to see the movie, you enjoy it for it's...subtleties, realism, lack of absolutes, and well, the funny parts too. take care!
Old 04-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Senior Robot

Any idea when this might hit the Mpls. area? I sure hope it does. I'd like to see it.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Senior Robot

jskang - good question. right now, Mpls isn't on the agenda, but if the screenings are successful, you never know where it might turn up. I know the DVD will be available sometime this year, but if you really really want to see it - email Eric Byler, the director, and see if he can hook you up.

His email is: [email protected]
Old 04-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to jimmy tran Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy tran
I have been so down to check this out!

"Fah drizzle"
Old 04-20-2003, 07:41 AM
Junior Robot

jimmytran - cool. you shall soon have your chance as it opens in just two weeks. of course, you have to be in sf or chicago or those places listed above. hopefully, you are. and if you go watch, let us know what you thought. thanks for the interest! ciao
Old 04-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Junior Robot

oops. sorry, i just realized that you, jimmytran, ARE up north, in berkeley. excuse me, for this is my first time doing forum stuff, and i am still learning...so, yeah, cool, you will get to see it when it opens up there...take care
Old 04-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Voltron Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Ryan
is the trailer up on the website? i cant seem to find it, if not any idea where i can see it?