Robot Lounge  

GR FACTORY BREAKROOM |  GHETTO BLASTER |  THE BIG SHOW |  GASTRONOMICS |  GEOGRAPHICA |  SKETCHBOOK |  THE GOODS
Go Back   Robot Lounge > GR FACTORY BREAKROOM

Old 11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to EchoedTears Send a message via Yahoo to EchoedTears
I can't find a link for this, but a while back, there was a man who beat and tortured his 2 year-old daughter for something like 8 hours until she died.

...All because she wet her bed.

Authorities said that the man made his daughter stand naked over a pot with her arms above her head... and if she dropped her hands at all, he would whip her.

It was estimated that this little girl was whipped nearly 61 times.

Has anyone else heard about that?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
10 Killed As Suburban L.A. Trains Derail
Jan 26, 1:25 PM (ET)

By DAISY NGUYEN

GLENDALE, Calif. (AP) - A commuter train smashed into an SUV left on a crossing by a suicidal man early Wednesday, derailed and crashed into another train, authorities said. Ten people were killed and more than 100 injured.

The SUV driver changed his mind about suicide and left the vehicle before it was hit, Police Chief Randy Adams said. The man will be charged with homicide, he said.

Firefighters picked through twisted wreckage and carried wounded passengers from the trains to a triage center set up in a nearby parking lot.

One commuter train was headed from Los Angeles' Union Station to downtown Burbank, and the other was bound to Union Station from Moorpark, Metrolink officials said.

"I heard a noise. It got louder and louder," said passenger Diane Brady, 56, of Simi Valley. "And next thing I knew the train tilted, everyone was screaming and I held onto a pole for dear life. I held on for what seemed like a week and a half, it seemed. It was a complete nightmare."

In a light rain, firefighters climbed ladders into windows of a battered train tipped onto its side.

Nearly 300 firefighters were at the scene in the suburb north of Los Angeles and 35 ambulances were taking injured passengers to hospitals, officials said.

Dazed passengers, some limping, gathered at tables in a nearby store, while the injured sprawled on color-coded mats in the parking lot: red for those with severe injuries, green for those less seriously harmed.

One of the dead passengers was identified as a 23-year veteran of Baca's department, Sheriff's Deputy James Tutino.

(AP) Emergency personnel attend to an injured victim following a commuter train accident, Wednesday,...
Full Image

As the cars tumbled off the tracks, one of the Metrolink trains struck a parked Union Pacific car, tipping it onto its side, said Kathryn Blackwell, a railroad spokeswoman in Omaha, Neb.

One Metrolink car was sent twisting backward by the force of the crash, which occurred after 6 a.m. A small fire erupted, and smoke could be seen wafting from the wreckage.

George Touma, 19, of Burbank, said he was called by his mother, who was on one of the Metrolink trains.

"She told me she was bleeding in the head and her arm was really hurting," said Touma, who was searching for her. "I'm really worried because she has vertigo and when I tried to call back she wouldn't answer." He said she told him of hearing "sequential loud noises and then somebody pulled her out of the train while it was burning."

Metrolink began service in 1992 and operates seven lines, part of a multibillion-dollar transportation network aimed at reducing pollution and congestion in Southern California.
Ten people get killed because he wanted to kill himself.

...and then he runs away.

I wonder if he will complain about police brutality when and if he is arrested?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:48 AM

I just read about that this morning. Stupid and sad.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to 35ft6
Quote:
Originally posted by EchoedTears
I can't find a link for this, but a while back, there was a man who beat and tortured his 2 year-old daughter for something like 8 hours until she died.

...All because she wet her bed.

Authorities said that the man made his daughter stand naked over a pot with her arms above her head... and if she dropped her hands at all, he would whip her.

It was estimated that this little girl was whipped nearly 61 times.

Has anyone else heard about that?
Jesus Fucking Christ.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Senior Robot

those folks derve to be kicked off the fucking planet!!!! bullet in the head style, Ill even squeeze the trigger if they will allow it!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by liquid mass

Ten people get killed because he wanted to kill himself.

...and then he runs away.

I wonder if he will complain about police brutality when and if he is arrested?
It's not Police Brutality. He fell down the stairs.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
No cheer for Duff beer eBay crime
Wednesday, February 2, 2005 Posted: 12:38 AM EST (0538 GMT)

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- A woman has pleaded guilty to selling on eBay three nonexistent cases of Duff brand beer -- the favorite of cartoon character Homer Simpson.

Tara Edith Woodford, 28, pleaded guilty in the Mackay Magistrates Court in northern Queensland state on Wednesday to three charges of dishonestly gaining money by false pretenses.

Prosecutor Gavin Burnett told the court Woodford was paid a total of Aust. $1,951 ($1,511) by three separate buyers after advertising the bogus beer on the eBay Internet auction site.

Duff is the beer brand of choice for Homer Simpson and his barfly friends in the animated U.S. television series "The Simpsons".

In the mid-1990s, two breweries released their own "Duff Beer" in Australia until legal action by the creators of "The Simpsons" and the Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. took the beer off the market.

Fox has a policy of refusing to license "The Simpsons" merchandising for products that would be detrimental to children.

Duff beer is now a collector's item and cases can sell for as much as $774 on eBay, according to Lorraine Gledhill, the treasurer of the National Beer Can Collectors Club.

Buyers paid money into Woodford's bank account, but contacted police when they never received the beer.

Woodford was caught because she listed her correct name and address on the auction site, the court was told. Woodford's lawyer Phillip Moore said she committed the scam to buy Christmas presents and clothes for her four children.

Woodford was placed on 18 months' probation, and was ordered to reimburse the money and undergo counseling.
inexcusable
Old 02-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by angoraphobia
i like to secretly replace their sanka with foldgers crystals and see if they can tell the difference....MUUUAHAHA
inexcusable
Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by liquid mass

inexcusable
oh so i should be shot? im not the one who's desk is covered in lotion, socks and shim barbies.....stay on target you no good deviant!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Senior Robot

hey! You said you would keep that our little secret!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to zakkusan Send a message via Yahoo to zakkusan
the poor child...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Senior Robot

Here is a truly deserving piece of shit to be shot. After all, it would be fun.

Quote:
Marine general: It's 'fun to shoot people'
Commandant gives counsel, acknowledges wrong word choice
Thursday, February 3, 2005 Posted: 4:16 PM EST (2116 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A three-star Marine general who said it was "fun to shoot some people" should have chosen his words more carefully, the Marine Corps commandant said Thursday.

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, who commanded Marine expeditions in Afghanistan and Iraq, made the comments Tuesday during a panel discussion in San Diego, California.

"Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot," Mattis said, prompting laughter from some military members in the audience. "It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Mattis' press office has not yet responded to a request to answer questions about his comments.

However, the Marine commandant, Gen. Michael Hagee, defended Mattis, calling him "one of this country's bravest and most experienced military leaders."

"While I understand that some people may take issue with the comments made by him, I also know he intended to reflect the unfortunate and harsh realities of war," he said in a written statement. "Lt. Gen. Mattis often speaks with a great deal of candor."

Hagee said he had counseled Mattis regarding the remarks and that Mattis "agrees he should have chosen his words more carefully."

"Throughout our history, Marines have given their lives in the defense of this nation and human rights around the globe," Hagee's statement read. "When necessary, this commitment helps to provide us the fortitude to take the lives of those who oppress others or threaten this nation's security. This is not something we relish, yet we accept it as a reality in our profession of arms."

"Lt. Gen. Mattis is a superb leader and one of the Corps' most courageous and experienced warriors," Hagee wrote. "I remain confident that he will continue to serve this nation with dedication and distinction."

Added Marine Gen. Peter Pace, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, "The last three times that that general has been in combat, when he was leading Marines in Afghanistan and the two times that he led his division in Iraq, his actions and those of his troops clearly show that he understands the value of proper leadership and the value of human life."

Pace spoke Thursday during a Pentagon briefing. He declined to comment directly on Mattis' comments.

Early in his career, Mattis served as a rifle and weapons platoon commander as a lieutenant and later a captain. He also commanded assault battalions in Operation Desert Storm and Desert Shield. He was the commander of the 1st Marine Division for the initial attack on Iraq.

San Diego television station KNSD, which calls itself NBC 7/39, captured Mattis' Tuesday comments on video and interviewed a retired military man afterward who said the general's remarks were "flippant."

"I was a little surprised," said retired Vice Adm. Edward H. Martin. "I don't think any of us who have ever fought in wars liked to kill anybody."
Old 02-04-2005, 06:28 AM

Quote:
"While I understand that some people may take issue with the comments made by him, I also know he intended to reflect the unfortunate and harsh realities of war," he said in a written statement. "Lt. Gen. Mattis often speaks with a great deal of candor."
yeah, real harsh.
but this is not surprising, really.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Senior Robot

Be on the lookout for these 2 pieces of shit:
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/02/04....dollar.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/04/fam...ure/index.html

Tips pour in to find pair accused of child torture

"CNN) -- Authorities in Florida sorted through tips Friday from as far away as Michigan in their search for a couple accused of torturing children under their care by starving them and pulling out toenails with pliers."
Old 02-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Senior Robot

That is so sick!
white man, Polish woman, Polish baby

Tags
sick sad world, vigilante justice thread