Robot Lounge  

GR FACTORY BREAKROOM |  GHETTO BLASTER |  THE BIG SHOW |  GASTRONOMICS |  GEOGRAPHICA |  SKETCHBOOK |  THE GOODS
Go Back   Robot Lounge > GR FACTORY BREAKROOM

Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by will
If this had happened in the mid-70's, Stanley "Tookie" Williams could have made the case that he merely "peppered" those 4 people in that hotel with a 12 gauge at close range..

Shotgun blasts don't mortally wound, they "pepper".
i don't think tookie used bird shot.

but, anyway, when i heard this story

i immediately thought

"i wonder what this was REALLY about"
Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Imelda Marcos

Send a message via AIM to yamchild
this bit of bathroom graffiti was found by my lj homie:

Old 02-15-2006, 01:24 PM

This was probably an accidental discharge.

Cheney made the mistake of not keeping his weapon pointed downrange at all times and also didn't clear his finger from the trigger until ready to shoot. It's simply a case of poor gun discipline and hunter safety.

Any arguement that it was deliberate is pretty far fetched. No one would want a shitstorm of bad press and embarrassment like this. It will really piss off the NRA and many pro-gun Reps. Besides, if he really wanted someone offed, you'd never know Cheney was behind it.

The stupid thing is, they didn't tell the truth. The truth is understandable. Stupid and embarrassing, but understandable. It seems like the need to protect the ego or image drove them to make a ridiculous lie.

BTW, I doubt he was 5 feet away, because even with bird shot from a .410, he wouldn't have survived at that range. I doubt Cheney is good enough to shoot quail with a .410 anyway, but then again, they didn't say he succeeded in shooting any birds, just a lawyer.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:06 PM

he was drunken
Old 02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Senior Robot

http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/
Old 02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Robot

haha.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to Garlic Send a message via Yahoo to Garlic
I could really give two shits about this but what does interest me is that Cheney considers himself to be above the law, and actually for all practical purposes IS, unless he publicly violates some huge taboo...say choking babies in the middle of times square or something. He doesn't even answer to the Prez. (which everyone knew/suspected anyway); very unusual for a VP.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:38 PM

I really am becoming convinced Cheney was drunk. They are trying much to hard to cover things up for there to be nothing there.

The woman who owns the ranch initially denied that anyone was drinking. Later she changed the story to, "There may be a beer or two in there, but remember not everyone in the party was shooting." Someone was drinking, but not necessarily someone with a gun.

According to Fox News, "Cheney said he had one beer at lunch, but that no alcohol was consumed during the late afternoon outing."

So the story we get from the VP himself and Fox News is: someone in the party was drinking, but we don't know who. And the VP was drinking, but only earlier in the day.

Maybe this wouldn't be so suspicious if the VP had met with the sherriffs deputy who came to investigate, or if he had told the American people when it happened, instead of covering it up for a day. Or maybe my suspicions would've been confirmed if he did.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by Garlic
very unusual for a VP.
considering his background, he is not a typical vp to begin with. he's a very powerful guy. or at least one with powerful connections.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by funkydrunknmonk

your original statement was a little confusing, is all. so you wanted the guy who was shot to get back up and start shooting other people?

i thought you thought cheney had the heart attack and subsequent brain damage which gave him license to start shooting people or something....

the first statement.i was tryi......

Damnit!! Now i am

thanks fdm
Old 02-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to 35ft6
Quote:
Originally posted by l-train8
I really am becoming convinced Cheney was drunk.
Me too.

Some talk radio guys were saying he's trying to spin this like "unlike most politicians, my first thought wasn't go to the press, but caring about my dear friend."

Then he kept saying he wanted to make sure the information was accurate, so was waiting for... I don't know what the fuck he was waiting for.

They also point out how strange it was to allow a woman who wasn't really all that close to the scene relay the event to the local press. Cheney and the others were way more qualified since they were there.

Fuck, I used to joke that Bush could probably get away with raping a baby up the ass on video, but Cheney shooting a guy in the freakin' face is close enough.

I wonder if they're going to reveal one more bit of information that would absolve Cheney of everything? Like, "we didn't want to reveal this because it would hurt my friend but the liberal media is forcing us to."
Old 02-16-2006, 07:42 AM

why does the liberal media hate america?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Senior Robot

wow. Cheny finally makes a public statement. how many days has it been now?

in other news.. i heard a parody song this morning, Cheney's Got A Gun. inspired by Aerosmith's Janie's Got A Gun.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM

of course, it would be FOX news he chose to tell
Old 02-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Senior Robot

Is this shit even newsworthy? They're gonna fire squad two twenty-something Australians in Indonesia! Where's Ono?