Robot Lounge  

GR FACTORY BREAKROOM |  GHETTO BLASTER |  THE BIG SHOW |  GASTRONOMICS |  GEOGRAPHICA |  SKETCHBOOK |  THE GOODS
Go Back   Robot Lounge > GASTRONOMICS

Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to 35ft6
Holding steady at 204, which means I'm doing something wrong. At the same time, I have regained quite a bit of muscle mass in my legs. My knees have felt great lately, I've been playing a lot of tennis. Still, I was hoping to be around 195 by now. I think it's the dinner that's killing me. I have very light breakfasts and lunches and I've been using that as an excuse to break from the plan on dinners sometimes. Just enough to slow down progress, but not enough to gain, so there's the silver lining.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to 35ft6
201.8 today. That's cool.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Senior Robot

missed the cages last week and felt some pain today. is this normal? also, they didn't have my preferred bat size tonight so i switched to 2 different ones..both heavier. when the ball hit the far end of the either bat, it was awesome (went far and i didn't feel much weight). but the rest of the time, i felt fatigue. hope the swing comes more naturally during my game tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Senior Robot

i told the bf that i wanted to go back to the cages - we went once and it was before we were bf/gf
i was surprised that i did well the first time - well i was in the medium paced cage and i did make a few connections with the ball - i just remember the pain in my hands when i did hit the ball!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Senior Robot

Send a message via AIM to SDP
So far I've lost about 8 lbs on the 'phase 1' of the South Beach diet...not much in the way of cravings, I'm happy to say. I can have the occasional bran muffin starting on Sunday...
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Robot

damn, 8 lbs is good. the South Beach Diet seems more sensible (healthier) than the Atkins diet. are you exercising?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Senior Robot

okay - i got to lose 6 pounds by my birthday - i'm hoping to lose more but 6 is attainable - i have till Sept 20!

good job keith - hopefully i can just lose a pound a week
it's just so hard to eat 500 calories less each day!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerbot
damn, 8 lbs is good. the South Beach Diet seems more sensible (healthier) than the Atkins diet. are you exercising?
Well, not really. I've been obsessively cleaning and rearranging my apartment, does that count? I get in the occasional 30 minute walk. I really want to get this apt nonsense taken care of. I'll start going to the gym again soon.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by 650lex
okay - i got to lose 6 pounds by my birthday - i'm hoping to lose more but 6 is attainable - i have till Sept 20!

good job keith - hopefully i can just lose a pound a week
it's just so hard to eat 500 calories less each day!
I'm eating tons and still dropping pounds...but maybe it's water loss? I like meat and veg, but I miss the bread and pasta.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by 650lex
i told the bf that i wanted to go back to the cages - we went once and it was before we were bf/gf
i was surprised that i did well the first time - well i was in the medium paced cage and i did make a few connections with the ball - i just remember the pain in my hands when i did hit the ball!

^yey, lex . let me know how it goes. played softball w/ coworkers and it was awesome. great turnout, comradery, and action.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by SDP

Well, not really. I've been obsessively cleaning and rearranging my apartment, does that count? I get in the occasional 30 minute walk. I really want to get this apt nonsense taken care of. I'll start going to the gym again soon.
yes! cleaning your apt actually is a good way to burn calories and stay active.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Robot

I added some carbs back into the old diet today - some fruit, and a 1/2 sweet potato. We shall see if I continue to lose poundage. I weight about 40 lbs more than I did in college (which, granted, was 25 years ago ).
Old 08-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Senior Robot

12 days of vacation = 12 days of eating like crap and zero exercise

Back on the horse today.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Senior Robot

Quote:
Originally posted by shammy718

^yey, lex . let me know how it goes. played softball w/ coworkers and it was awesome. great turnout, comradery, and action.
ha ha - thanks!!!
still haven't made it back to the cages yet but he knows I'm dying to go back! it is so much fun!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Robot

Run run run.
I've been running more and and doing pushups but not really losing weight but my body is changing.
My love handles are pretty much gone.
I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Tags
arnold is numero uno, asian squat, bad advice, bro, dips on the gimp bar, drink lots of water, dudes with shaved legs, girly men, golivar is awesome, grover body, guesshermuff.blogspot.com, hey fatso, hk being creepy, hk needs to lighten up, hk=all talk no action, hunger and sweat, hyperpl-asia, i want to live, lakeside being creepy, smoke moar cigarettes, weigh your racks please