Yokai: Folklore & Fables - Nellie Le - "Tanuki"
Acrylic gouache on wood panel.
Artwork measures 5 x 7 inches.
"The Tanuki is a Japanese shape-shifting yôkai with the shape of a raccoon dog. This legendary creature is said to be mischievous and joyous, but can also gullible and absentminded. They also love sake. Aside from their powerful ability to change their shape, perhaps the most famous attribute that tanuki possess is their large and magical testicles, which they can adapt to any need. They are used as weapons, drums, fans to keep cool, even umbrellas."
This piece is part of the group exhibition Yokai: An Art Exhibition of Folklore & Fables at Giant Robot Store running from July 10th, 2021 - August 6th, 2021.
- There is a No Returns Policy from the moment artwork is purchased.
- Artwork remains on the wall for the duration of the show. Usually, art is sent out 2 weeks after the show comes down.
- Because these are unique art pieces, it is possible that the piece you want has sold before we've had a chance to update the site. If this happens, you will contacted about a refund or exchange.
- Art once purchased is not open for trade
- Pick-up Orders will be ready on the Saturday after the closing of the exhibition
In-Person Viewing is now available at Giant Robot Store, Saturdays - Sundays 12:00 pm - 6:00pm.