Swabbing Spit for a Little Love
Perhaps this image has come across your social media feeds, if not, please share it now.
Lots of people get leukemia, but some have it harder than others to find bone marrow matches.
The NY Daily News did a story on Leni and a Korean American mother who are in leukemia limbo. Read and share, and spread the word about how simple it can be to improve the odds for minorities and mixed-race people in a very unfair fight.
Leukemia has already touched the GR family. In the memory of Janet Liang, and so many others who fought bravely and worked to educate about the importance of becoming a possible donor, please attend the bone marrow drives or fundraising efforts being organized by friends and family of Leni Hsiao. West Coast events are coming soon.
• Love for Leni Pizza September 1, 2013 – October 1, 2013 Speedy Romeo (376 Classon Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11238) In honor of Leni and her fight against cancer, Speedy’s amazin g owners are donating $5 from every Margherita pizza sold in September to t he #loveforleni fund!!
• Swab for Leni September 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Carriage House Birth (97 North 7th St., Brooklyn, NY 11249) A Fundraiser and Bone Marrow Drive to support LoveforLeni
• #LoveforLeni Bone Marrow Drive September 21, 2013 at 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Reed Annex – 151 Orchard Street, New York 10002
• Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk September 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm Pier 57, New York, NY http://pages.lightthenight.org/nyc/Manhattn13/LoveforLeni#home
• #LoveforLeni Art Fundraiser October 8, 2013 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Reed Space – 151 Orchard Street, New York 10002
Like LoveforLeni on Facebook to stay updated on events around the country, and share her story not just for her, but for the others struggling to find a match.