I waited to blog this since I know most of you are last minute folks, but this contest looks easy to do and fun. Imagine the robot above will be a pain to do, it’s a lot of space, so the contest actually is for the bottom robot (the legs) all you have to do is customize that one, and you’re in! Get to it. It’s due very soon. MARCH 6. Here’s the microsite: giantrobotshin.com
1. Download the blank template.
2. Customize the template with your own designs — draw, paint, use photoshop — be creative!
3. Scan or color copy your customized template and save it to upload later.
4. Construct your figure and take a photo of the completed piece.
5. By March 6, upload your scanned template and image of the completed figure using the link below.
7. Winners will be announced on the site by March 11th.
Roundtrip airfare to Los Angeles, CA to attend the Interactive Paper Art show at the Scion Gallery in Culver City on April 11th
Hotel accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, April 10th – 12th
Transportation to and from the airport, hotel and art show
Inclusion of the winning entry in the art show, as well as distribution of the template to all attendees
Meeting of the Master of Paper Art himself, Shin Tanaka, at the art show
Giant Robot prize package
Viewers Choice Awards
Feature on the website
Giant Robot magazine subscription
Giant Robot T-shirt and sticker packet,
$50 gift certificate to the Giant Robot stores